Curiosity ??

jermoQ

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
In October I will be 500 miles away from the usual MO, K.C. MO area judging a KCBS competition in TX. When they have a KCBS sanctioned event in Texas, does the Q that teams make change from the sweetness that is usually in the K.C. area? I wasn't sure if, due to a lot of Tx Q being peppery and sauceless, there would be a big change?

Last edited:
If you check out the previous winners at KCBS events in TX you'll find that most of us were more KCBS cooks than IBCA cooks and I know I did not change my style. Most of the IBCA cooks tend to use more smoke than a KCBS cook and this affects the flavor profile.

You're the judge so you get to decide what you like or don't like. Use your experience when scoring and please don't try to anticipate or pre-judge based on preconceived ideas of what cooks do in TX (or anywhere else for that matter).

You're the judge so you get to decide what you like or don't like. Use your experience when scoring and please don't try to anticipate or pre-judge based on preconceived ideas of what cooks do in TX (or anywhere else for that matter).

:doh:

I appreciate the advice! I have always tried to keep a very open mind when it comes to judging. I will keep on keeping on and roll with anything.

Back