I am complete

tenpenny_05

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Last week I asked you guys to weigh in on my options for bbq gear. I couldn't decide between a cajun stacker, a slow n sear, or a second hand WSM.

You guys pushed me in the direction of a used WSM. I was already browsing craigslist about every day and had a few in mind, but when it came time to pull the trigger somebody had posted a brand new shiny WSM.

They were asking $200, but were missing the cover and a leg. (the guy i bought it from buys damaged pallets of goods and flips the items) I talked him down to $120 and after a 45 minute drive I had me a new smoker!

I know weber smokers and kettles are old news and a little boring around here. I just wanted to thank you guys for helping me decide, and brag a little bit about my score!

Last edited:
Nice score and you are going to be glad you went with the WSM.

Nice looking cookers! I have never used a WSM but have always heard good things.

See if you can call weber about the missing parts since they might replace them.. WSM is a great smoker.. You will enjoy it.

You'll be happy with the WSM. Cooks just as good as any smoker out there IMO

You should cross post this on the 'who cooks on a wooden deck' thread...

Nice score....I've been cruising CL every day too...not sure I even need anything but you never know what you'll find!

Well IMO Weber kettles and smokers are never old news and never boring! And CL scores make 'em that much better! Weber customer service can be very helpful in getting you the parts you need. Congrats!

I have used Weber customer support several times before and they have been great. I would feel a little guilty using them for a grill I didn't but new (at least not for something puny like a new leg)
I have already ordered a leg replacement kit and its on its way.

awesome dude......just did a thread the other day about the “greatness” of a weber kettle.....even with a bubba Keg sitting 2 feet away. Simplistic excellence...plus if gtr gives his endorsemtment......... .now quit talking to us yahoo’s and fire that muttha up!!!

Back