Just Drop In For Dinner

93vpmod

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
While viewing code3rrt's Grilled Mediterranean Pork Chop post, I was thinking, "I'd love to just drop in for dinner, no telling what great meal I would get." He always seems to be making something great...

This lead me to the question, "Who are your top 5 members that you would like to drop by for dinner?" my list is below

code3rrt-since he started this...
Toast
Cowgirl
Landarc
16 Adams

After actually listing those above, I came up with about 10 others that I'd also put on the list. Let's see yours!

In no particular order...
1. Bigmista
2. Cowgirl
3. Phubar
4. Bludawg
5. 16Adams
Not saying anything bad about anyone here, and this list is sure to change, daily.

Matt

Last edited:
In no particular order...
1. Bigmista
2. Cowgirl
3. Phubar
4. Bludawg
5. 16Adams
Not saying anything bad about anyone here, and this list is sure to change, daily.

Matt

Agreed, no intent on offending...would love to have added Bludawg, Phubar or Bigmist to my list...

Talk about asking a tough question, wow! There are so many great cooks around here. Well, I suppose TODAY, it would be:

Cowgirl, would love one of them tractor rim breakfasts.

DerHusker, been kicking butt in the Throwdowns lately, and putting out some consistently great plates.

V-wiz, The pizza he has put out of that new back yard kitchen of his, as well as breads and other cooks are just wow.

Buccaneer, just consistently great looking cooks, good ol' down home, inviting dishes.

Phubar, always changing it up, and putting out great dishes over and over.

And then you have Deguerre, Redhot, Bludawg, Tonybell, and on and on and on. Not listing these in any particular order, and probably pretty much interchangeable on any given day.

And I've only been around here for a few years. For those that have been around here a long, long time, tough choices.

KC

I have to be honest and say.....anyone! Just having someone else cook for a change would be fantastic!:-D

Now there's a good and safe response:mrgreen:.

And I guess I'd have to agree, I don't think I've seen any cooks on here that would be "bad".

KC

If I had to choose 5 I guess it would be:
1. Cowgirl, she is my kind of cook
2. Tonybel, they always have great looking food
3. Bigmista, because I have never been to California
4. Bludawg, to try one of his famous H&F briskets.
5. Phubar, he has an amazing take on his cooking.

I would have Don Marco on a list! I'm getting the chance to try both Don Marco and Phubar's food this weekend near Amsterdam! Going to the Tony Stone BBQ Competition!

That's tough.....there's a LOT of usual suspects here......

Tonybel
Cowgirl
Landarc
Phubar

& 16Adams & Bludawg at the same time in the same place, maybe?

& Awaa

& a bunch of others....

& I'll think of a few more in a minute......

& ShencoSmoke.....and, and, and......

....just five is too hard to guess out....has to be a rotating schedule....

In no order of preference:

1. Cowgirl - always great looking food
2. Buccs - asian food junkie
3. fwismoker - anything the mad scientist cooks looks great
4. AussieTitch - cause he's a funny bastard
5. any of the throwdown ho's - always great looking grub being posted by you guys and girls.

Actually, there's more but, you only said 5...aww fark, bludawg, phu, landarc, shenco etc etc.

Thank you for the kind comments. You all would be welcome at my table anytime. :grin:
There are way too many good cooks here for me to choose just 5. I want to make a road trip around the country and drop in on everyone. Also want to visit Jed in France, Buccs, Titch and Bill in Australia and of course Phu!

To all of the above I'd have to add (not in any order) definitely Adams, TuscaloosaQ Paul and his home cookin'. Amazing cooks who inspire me... ssv3, gtr, sam3, HOGFAN, LMAJ, Ross in Ventura, bluetang, frognot, Toast, OSD Jim, Stingerhook, SGH, Nucornhusker, I can think of 100 more....

"Who are your top 5 members that you would like to drop by for dinner?"
I'd be embarrassed to have most of these people drop by and eat my cooking. It's just not that good. I'd only dream of cooking for them if I had time to prepare.

It's great to watch the list grow, I keep seein' names and goin' Oh Yeah!, Oh Yeah, that one too!!! There really are a bunch of great cooks at this site, and I really like Cowgirls idea of "Road Trip", meet a bunch of great folks, and eat some great Q!

KC

Thank you for the kind comments. You all would be welcome at my table anytime. :grin:
There are way too many good cooks here for me to choose just 5. I want to make a road trip around the country and drop in on everyone. Also want to visit Jed in France, Buccs, Titch and Bill in Australia and of course Phu!

To all of the above I'd have to add (not in any order) definitely Adams, TuscaloosaQ Paul and his home cookin'. Amazing cooks who inspire me... ssv3, gtr, sam3, HOGFAN, LMAJ, Ross in Ventura, bluetang, frognot, Toast, OSD Jim, Stingerhook, SGH, Nucornhusker, I can think of 100 more....
That's the trouble with a list like this is it inevitably leaves someone off. I’d love to have dinner with a lot of the cooks around here and I don’t think I could narrow it down to just 5.

Also it usually reflects only the members who are killing it at this time. Some members who were killing it but are not posting as much (or at all) are forgotten. (I understand that you can get burned out. I recently took an approximate 6 month vacation from posting myself)

Cooks like Al Czervik / Mongo, Smoking Kathy and AngryFish come to mind.

Back