"Possum Korn"

I've done that squeeze trick before, but never injecting!

Ever since boyscouts I've always had to have some big coffee can of melted butter to dunk it in. :D

You still might want that coffee can. Some like to add even more butter afterwards. (The more "heart healthy" folk seem to like it as is). I like a little pepper on mine. But, that stops up the needle. So, I sprinke that on after it is squeezed.

Yes, that trick has been around for some time now for microwaved corn. I think, well before, I started experimenting with injecting. I stumbled on that while googling "corn on the cob". I am not sure if it works on roasted or baked corn. I haven't tried it on those without the injected butter.

Here is a great clip of someone "putting the sqeeze" on some micrwaved corn.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxiUarir5RA"]It works [/ame]

Last edited:
can't wiat to try this. I've always pulled husks back and removed strings, then brushed with butter and seasoning. then pushed husks back up and grilled. best corn ever. this looks like it will save me a load of prep time.

Nice vid! Perfect example.

Quick question tho: How long do you guys smoke your corn, husk on? At what temp?

I try to cook it at 350 degrees for around 30 to 40 minutes. I do usually throw some chips in the offset. But I don't think that really does very much more than just make the husks smell good :wink:.

I try to cook it at 350 degrees for around 30 to 40 minutes. I do usually throw some chips in the offset. But I don't think that really does very much more than just make the husks smell good :wink:.

Thanks! You da man. :clap2::cool:

That's great to hear :thumb:. It would have been even better to see :wink:. Did you use any special seasonings, or just the butter and salt?

I like possum korn!!! My wife has been nukin corn in shucks inside a plastic grocery bag for years, saw it on tv somewhere but never heard of injectin butta. Sounds outstanding, will try it soon i hope. Nice job and love the possum squeez.lol

Pics would have been nice but it went far too quickly.. I am lucky I still have hands. I injected only with butter..real butter and let everyone salt to taste and they were happy with that.. My wife was happy and amazed that I did nothing to it but melt butter and inject and still had no silk. Easiest corn I have ever done.. I love corn and hate shucking.

Are you using butter or margarine? How much butter and salt is mixed? Thanks, Aceman

If no one else claims the title, I would like it to be called "possum korn".

I will explain that later.

Ummm... Still waiting on the explanation...

Unless my old brain missed it... :mrgreen:

Great stuff - posts like this is what makes this site such a great place - thanks man!

Very cool. Possum Corn this weekend with a larger gauge needle for more seasoning...pepper etc. Hole up!

Doing some jerk butter injected tonight, I'll let you know how it is. I can't get myself to spell it with a K though.

This is the kind of stuff that makes this place the best anywhere!
I can't wait to try try this! Farmers market tomorrow for some possum corn! :thumb:

Very cool. Possum Corn this weekend with a larger gauge needle for more seasoning...pepper etc. Hole up!

I’m not sure that the larger gauge needle is the answer.

Grilledcorn002_zpsdc1e902f.jpg

I inject from the top, but at the ends. I try and insert the needle as far as I can toward the middle of that row of kernels. While injecting, I pull the needle back, to try and evenly spread the butter across the top rows of corn. A large needle would "take out" a whole row of kernels. I think that small needles and liquid seasonings will work best. Garlic powder and onion powder mix real well, so other finely powdered seasonings should too.

Are you using butter or margarine? How much butter and salt is mixed? Thanks, Aceman

Sorry, for the late reply.
I like “real butter”. I usually keep unsalted butter around for homemade bread. The last that I injected was about a cup and a half of melted unsalted butter (3 sticks) and one teaspoon of salt.

Doing some jerk butter injected tonight, I'll let you know how it is. I can't get myself to spell it with a K though.

That’s ok Fwismoker, The K spelling just goes back a few years ago when we all used to sit around and watch the old tv show Hee Haw :laugh:.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKEyNGWwU2Q"]KORN[/ame]

Back