Surprise in my Royal Oak

WvQ

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Not in a good way. I have no idea what this is that was inside the bag. It almost seems like it is concrete with a resin coating?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 730
I've found surprises in about every brand of lump I've tried :-D. I primarily use royal oak and haven't found anything in a while other than a rock.

Looks like it could be from a meteorite.

:mrgreen:

I've found all kinds of goodies in lump, including a softball sized rock, recently.

Don't worry about it too much, I've found all kinds of stuff in all lump!!

Wonder if Royal Oak will give me a free bag if I complain? I wouldn't be concerned, expect I really don't want to smoke what appears to be resin or glue?

It looks like the same stuff I find in my stocking every X-mas.:redface:

That's normal? Really? That is stupid. I stick with KBB then no lumps with garbage for me.

I have used a few brands over time. When I find garbage, it is time to move on. If I did not live in the city, I would make my own.

I use raw fist size chunks of mesquite wood, stack light let all chunks catch fire and start cooking, beats any store bought lump...you never know what type of wood you are buying with lump...

I have used a few brands over time. When I find garbage, it is time to move on. If I did not live in the city, I would make my own.

Mike, if you can buy wood chunks its ten times better than lump. Just stack light and when all chunks catch fire start cooking.

I've found chunks of concrete, small strips of rusted steel, and just last week I found a small-fist-sized piece of fiberglass insulation.

Yeah, they don't use construction waste. OK..... :roll:

Awesome. I've been through ~20 bags of Cowboy...no foreign objects or material.

Cowboy is back, baby! :thumb:

Yuk! I don't use bagged anything for that reason.

Give me wood , lots of wood and watch me make it Blue.

later...

Back