Found an old OK joe

Mred21

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Found this old OK joe it's rusty and dirty, but it seems solid and I got it for$50. It is missing the baffle box, ash pan and cooking grate from the fire box. I will be looking for ideas and suggestions for a baffle heat sink. I could use some cleaning re-ferbing ideas. It was fun loading it on a cargo rack and we un loaded in the dark, it is very heavy.

Attachments

• IMG_20170109_223434_600x600.jpg
    IMG_20170109_223434_600x600.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 520
I've been looking for an "old" Oklahoma Joe, but haven't run across one at a decent price......

I saw it on my Facebook sale site one picture no discription for $75 I asked what brand it was and the said OK joe so I told my wife I wanted it and the old Joe's like that are still loved, used and wanted, she said offer them $50. It was up for a week and no one got it and they are moving back to Oaklahoma tommrow and didn't want to move it it came home with me. It also has the wrong thermometer that requires a second hole for a pin to sit correctly I will need to find one or cut the pin off. It came with some big splits of apple wood that they cut on her parant's land in Oklahoma.

The angled deflector/baffle and a cake pan water pan gave me Nice Even temps in 275-300* range

Looked at Lowe's for a 16" square taracota tile for a defuser but they didn't have any. I will keep looking.

The smoker has 8 half racks instead of 4 racks I am not sure why it's setup that way.

I have been digging through my stuff and have the stuff to make a charcoal basket and a defuser I will look for a pan to modify for a ash pan. Soaking the cooking grates they are very dirty.

Found some wierd rustout in the fire box, the lid. The left side top seam and the right side top seam and around the handle. And the bottom of the sliding part of vent is gone. I didn't know that they rusted like this it's like.

Back