THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

luke duke

is Blowin Smoke!
I've got a couple of pretty old ones in the freezer and I either need to cook them or toss them. So have any of you had any success with an old brisket? If so, how old was the brisket?

I cooked one I "found" in my deep freeze that was a little over a year old. It went straight in after purchase and was never taken out of the original cryo. It came out fine. You may lose a little flavor over time but the meat should be safe.

Big Mista cooked one at a bash a couple of years ago that was also 'lost' in the freezer for a while. I think it was three years old. It was OK, but the texture and taste was off compared to fresh.

I did one once that had been in my freezer 18 months. It was frozen in the case when I bought it, and went into my freezer while still frozen. It turned out OK. My family thought the flavor was lacking a little, but it was OK otherwise.

Back