Cooking Class Gauging interest in Warren County Pork Choppers Class in Chicago Area

cmohr74

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

My name is Dan Mohr with Brew-B-Q BBQ Team. I have approached Donny Bray of Warren County Pork Choppers to see if he would have interest in teaching a class up here in the Chicagoland area. I am trying to gauge interest right now and need at least 25+ for this to set up. There is no commitment at this time, I am just trying to gauge interest so I can relay to Donny. He said most likely this would happen in July because of scheduling of existing classes, comp schedule, and life. I would be looking at hosting this in Hoffman Estates, IL. This is easy to get to from O'Hare Airport and plenty of hotels that I can work on getting blocks for. The price is just like his standard class $750. This is a Tell All class, not techniques only. Thanks for your interest.

Hey Ryan, I completely understand. Donny has a class in January and possibly February. He said his only option would be in July. Hell maybe we should be taking notes from the leader on the board in Chicken this year :-D

Well, if the financial position allows it, I'd definitely be interested. Will have to see closer to the date.

I don't think it matters when or where his class is.. it'll fill up!

I don't think it matters when or where his class is.. it'll fill up!

I think one of Donny's concerns was he tried up this way last year in Kalamazoo and got about a dozen and that was it. He said it needs to be worth his travel expenses. We'll see if the interest is there.

I love BBQ and learning new BBQ techniques and flavor profiles. I would love to bring someone who wants to teach up this way to a stellar facility and help offset costs of those who choose not to take this class because of the 15 hours round-trip travel (from Chicago), possibly another $100 hotel stay, and another $150 in fuel.

Wish I could swing the cost. Thanks for putting this together Dan.

I think one of Donny's concerns was he tried up this way last year in Kalamazoo and got about a dozen and that was it. He said it needs to be worth his travel expenses. We'll see if the interest is there.

I love BBQ and learning new BBQ techniques and flavor profiles. I would love to bring someone who wants to teach up this way to a stellar facility and help offset costs of those who choose not to take this class because of the 15 hours round-trip travel (from Chicago), possibly another $100 hotel stay, and another $150 in fuel.
Only a dozen , damn that sucked! Only $9k .poor him

just bumping to see if there is any more interest. As of right now the list of yes/maybe is at 17, not sure this would not be enough to persuade Donny into heading up North.

I was there, there were more than a dozen, closer to 2 dozen or more.
Donnie and his crew did a great job.

The location I have secured if it does go through is a stellar facility that has done this with me before. It includes an overhead camera that feeds into 4 TV's, headset for sound for Donny, A/C, 25' overhang in case weather gets bad or the sun is blasting down, many local hotels (one that you could walk from, but a shuttle would transport you) and airport is 30 minutes away if you would be flying in. This is a solid set-up that I hope would go through, but understand competitors concerns about July's competition schedule.

View attachment 104276

Last edited:
Just talked with Donny about the concerns of those interested. I told him that the summer date is a big concern because it would be hard to apply what was learned in the class halfway through without practicing it. I told him if this is the date it most likely won't work out. He looked at the calendar and wants to know if April 24-25th would be better. Please let me know if this changes your interest.

Bumping it up to see if there is still interest. It's hit 20, but some are teetering other options if we don't hit the 25. I know there's a lot class wise going on in Chicago this year.

Back