Alabama White Sauce Chicken

Geez, guys. For you that say it looks like something gross. Don't knock it til' you try it.

How many of you that say it's gross eat chicken salad???

What's the second ingredient in that....MAYO.

OP, looks tasty here.

Geez, guys. For you that say it looks like something gross. Don't knock it til' you try it.

How many of you that say it's gross eat chicken salad???

What's the second ingredient in that....MAYO.

OP, looks tasty here.

Well...honestly it doesn't look good. But that's only to me. As I said...I bet it tasted great.

But when done the way it was intended...by those who invented it...it looks like the picture below. I'm sure it tasted great (have I said that enough to suit you?)...it just doesn't "look" appealing the way the OP presented it.

BUT...that's just me! We all have an opinion.

Last edited:
I'm mayonnaise-phobic because my Mom damaged me as a child by putting Miracle Whip on my sandwiches. Ugh. So I'm not not one for chicken salad, tuna sandwiches, etc... However, a fellow BBQer who owns a deli here got me to try some of his Alabama style white sauce on chicken. Looked gross but DELISH! And this reminds me, I got some Big Bob Gibson's white sauce in the fridge I gotta polish off...

I have enjoyed the comments. I model my sauce after Big Bob Gibson although my ingredients are different. The key to great white sauce imho is using apple cider vinegar. It really compliments the smokey flavor of the chicken. Try adding tobasco instead of red pepper and leave out the horseradish for a variation.

Back