check the batteries in your Maverick!

ButtBurner

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I have had my 732 for a few years now, has been flawless as far as the units themselves go

I decided to change out my batteries since they were still the originals

I was shocked to see one was leaking! but it still worked fine

Just started to corrode the contact, glad I caught it!

So take a look at yours once in a while

how long do your probes usually last? i got a new setup but my temp probe is already bad, some times it works fine and reads about 30-40 off from lid thermo, but sometimes it reads real hot, like 150 over what lid says.

how long do your probes usually last? i got a new setup but my temp probe is already bad, some times it works fine and reads about 30-40 off from lid thermo, but sometimes it reads real hot, like 150 over what lid says.

if its new contact Maverick they replaced one of mine no questions asked

I have had pretty good luck with them over the years. Just keep them dry.

I bet yours is fine. The lid thermos are what are wonky.

Try it in boiling water then in ice water
see how close they are

(don't get the connection where the wire going into the probe wet!

I guess I'm glad I forget to turn mine off all the time. I replace batteries a lot. Just this morning in fact.

Thanks for sharing your experience/tip.

I was going through batteries like crazy when I first got the 732, contacted Maverick about it and the tech said be sure to turn receiver off first. If you turn transmitter off first the rec keeps looking for the signal even after you turn it off. Also said you can us rechargeable battery's.

I need to swap mine out. I turn the receiver on and off, but never the transmitter. I just push the sync button each cook and otherwise leave it alone.

thanks for reminding me and now I am replacing batteries in my smoke detectors too . :bow:

I have had my 732 for a few years now, has been flawless as far as the units themselves go

I decided to change out my batteries since they were still the originals

I was shocked to see one was leaking! but it still worked fine

Just started to corrode the contact, glad I caught it!

So take a look at yours once in a while

I'm kind of in disbelief that you were still running on the original batteries. I've had mine less than a year and have changed batteries already.

I'm on the original batteries in mine and they are at least 3 years old. I'll check them..good call

My grill temp probe lasted a couple years and it was doing what you're describing, but I think it was because I got it wet when cleaning. I only use disinfectant wipes now. My food probe still works good. I have a back up for the food probe if that goes out.

I do enjoy the extra length of the cord on my grill temp probe compared to the one came with the thermometer.

I didn't even realize the battery compartment had screws.:doh: checked both and they were fine. I cannot even remember how many years I have had them.

I was going through batteries like crazy when I first got the 732, contacted Maverick about it and the tech said be sure to turn receiver off first. If you turn transmitter off first the rec keeps looking for the signal even after you turn it off. Also said you can us rechargeable battery's.

Ahhhhh that explains why my batteries need to be changed very often....good to know.

Through the years I have seen many complaints about the Maverick probes. I bought a 732 when they first came out and have NEVER had a problem with a probe. I checked my internal temp with my superfast red Thermopen. Only a 3 degree difference. Big Red was higher.

Back