Uds in preparation

Luckyaddaam

Got Wood.
Reaction score
I hope I did that right..... any way. Yesterday I got my weed burner in the mail and I torched the ever living crap out of my drum and lid. Then I realized I don't have any sandpaper. .... sonova...... I started using brown paper bags and news paper when my mom shows up and says why don't you use crumbled tin foil? Wow, mom showed me redneck sandpaper. Lol. It worked ok but I'm still going to need sand paper before I paint it. I don't want anything under the high temperature paint to burn and mess up the paint. And yes my lawn now has awsome burnt crop circle looking marks. Lol

Let's start today with the good news.I got my weldless charcoal basket put together and the holes drilled in my smoker. bad news. The 22 1/2 inch grill grate I ordered is for a 22 1/2 inch webber grill..... which has a 17 inch grate!!!! So wait a moment..... my 24 inch bottom for my charcoal basket is.... 10 inches..... not 14.. at this point I'm looking for a beer. So I'll put in nippers in for my air intake.... nope. My step bit drilled me a 3/4 hole. For a 3/4 nipple. Hey dummy. That's 3/4 inner diameter. SUNOVA!!!!!! So I didn't get that done either. It's ok. My local auto store does have orange engine paint. Thumbs up!!!!!! I didn't get any. Waiting for pay day. But it is nice to know it's there!!! Lol. Thanks for letting me rant. I've been SO excited about getting this up and running, now any little setback seems to snowball into a larger issue. I guess that means I should walk away and go play guitar. Ok...by:evil:

Looking good so far. You'll be fine. Everything in bbq is a process, including the cookers.

Matt

You sweat, you work, you bleed and soon that cooker is YOURS- you get the bone weary satisfaction of doing with with your own two hands. If someone just up and gave it to you... well actually - that would be cooler than hell ... umm- errr- but it wouldn't be the same by golly!

Great cookers- you will love it.

Q Junkie gave me mine, and so far I'm loving it....but sometimes I kind wish I had done the work

Apparently I cannot add multiple pictures here. I try to bounce between this and photo bucket but every time I come back everything I typed and pasted is gone... so. Here it is seassoning with its first (maybe final) cost of high temp rystoleul 3.99 spray paint.

christ almighty. I've been trying to post many pictures here and. An not aeem to get it to work. Bouncing between photo bucket and here. Everything I come back it all has been erased. So many posts to follow first. Is there a better way to secure my thermometer other than set it on the hole and let it wobble?

first 3.99 rystoleul high temp paint job and pam spray seassoning cook happening right meow.

waiting on my actual 22 1/2 inch grate to come in via mail to walmart. I was pretty "upset" when I ordered a 22 1/2 ich grill grate and recieved a 17" grate for a 22 1/2 inch webber grill....

I also learned when blow torching the charcoal basket inside the drum. Do NOT squeeze the trigger and blast fire into the bottom of the drum..... my left arm has 90% of the hair burned off. Lol ish. I'm lucky I didn't catch fire. :shock: I also noticed the cheap walmart magnet sheet kind of melted and fell apart when I was trying to shutter down.....

Back