Victorinox Boning Knife Impressions

BillN

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Recently received my new Victorinox 6-Inch Flex Boning Knife with Fibrox Handle from Amazon. First use was for boning out large turkey leg quarters. Will have to say I was very pleased... Handle fit for my hand was ideal, the blade was razor sharp out of the package and made quick work of removing all the tendons from the leg portions. All in all I strongly recommenced this knife especially if you have large hands. The price is in the mid rage from what I could see from the Amazon site. Delivery was as stated.

[ame="https://www.amazon.com/Victorinox-6-Inch-Boning-Fibrox-Handle/dp/B000QCNJ3C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1480610652&sr=8-1&keywords=vitronox+boning+knife"]Amazon.com: Victorinox 6-Inch Flex Boning Knife with Fibrox Handle: Boning Knives: Kitchen & Dining[/ame]

I also ordered the Victorinox Cutlery 6-Inch Curved Boning Knife, Black Fibrox Handle as well but have not used it. Fit and feel of this knife is ideal for me as well. Neither knife comes with a sheath.

[ame="https://www.amazon.com/Victorinox-Cutlery-6-Inch-Curved-Boning/dp/B0019WQDOU/ref=pd_sim_79_12?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0019WQDOU&pd_rd_r=CSKDHNG0PJ5AS1GM5719&pd_rd_w=ombpy&pd_rd_wg=ERekb&psc=1&refRID=CSKDHNG0PJ5AS1GM5719"]Amazon.com: Victorinox Cutlery 6-Inch Curved Boning Knife, Black Fibrox Handle: Boning Knives: Kitchen & Dining[/ame]

A majority of my knife bag are victorinox knives. They are a great price, hold an edge well, and can be sharpened easily.

The fit and feel in my hand are also very good.

I have the 12in slicer, 10in serrated, 6in boning knife, and 6in santoku knife.

Can't go wrong with these. I have one of the curved bone-in knives. Love it.

Real good knife. Easy to keep sharp too. I've cut myself twice with mine...barely felt it.

They are fantastic knives. I use them for all of my bbq cooking. Keep'em honed and sharp and they will last almost forever.

I have the curved one. I use it all the time. Great knife, can't beat the price. Can butcher a whole deer with just this one knife no problem (well and a reciprocating saw :) ). I chuck this one in the dishwasher every time. No problem. I know you knife purist will think that is blasphemy, but it has stayed sharp for over two years and if it gets farked up....for this price, fark it. I'll buy another.

My Victorinox 12" Granton edge slicer is my go to knife for brisket and large chunks of meat that need to be sliced.

The Dexter 8" narrow fillet knife is hard to beat for the price also

Thanks for the tip, Bill. I'm in the market for a new flexible boning knife after the handle snapped off my last one unexpectedly. Can't beat that price either.

I've been using Victorinox/ Forschner knives for over 30 years. I have several boners, slicers and skinners. Very good quality no bs blades.

I have two of the boning knives, chef knife, paring knife, and the 10 and 12 inch granton slicers. Also have their carving set. These are the ones I use all the time and our set of Wusthof sit on the counter. Will add to the set of Victorinox in the future. You can't go wrong with these.

I have the boning knife, chefs, pairing, and the large slicer. I love these blades.

You guys are good at making me spend money, but I appreciate it, been looking around this week for a good boning knife, just pulled the trigger.

Definitely going to be adding more Victorinox to my arsenal, especially the Victorinox 12-Inch Granton Edge Slicing Knife, maybe the 8-Inch Curved Breaking Knife and the 8-inch fillet knife.

Back