Grilla grills

Jrogers84

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience? They seem to have a lot of good features at a good price. Ive realized after having a tiny Traeger that I use the hell out of that thing. Its an outside oven. Use it for far more than grilling. Grilla is local too which always tugs at the heartstrings. Us Michiganders have hometown pride for sure...

Anyone have any experience? They seem to have a lot of good features at a good price. Ive realized after having a tiny Traeger that I use the hell out of that thing. Its an outside oven. Use it for far more than grilling. Grilla is local too which always tugs at the heartstrings. Us Michiganders have hometown pride for sure...
As long as you realize they are built in China, nothing wrong with that just wanted you to know they aren't made in the Motor City and they do seem like a good bang for the buck.

As long as you realize they are built in China, nothing wrong with that just wanted you to know they aren't made in the Motor City and they do seem like a good bang for the buck.

Yea I know. That fact is still rolling around in my head with other factors.

I have a GrillaGrills Kong Kamado which is a modified 24" Pit Boss. It's very similar to the PitBoss but it has an upgrades nest, high quality locking castors, and a different / better lower vent.

For what it's worth GrillaGrills tried making their original product, the Grilla, in the US but the cost was too high for consumers. It's a pretty cool piece of gear but the only way to make it affordable for most people was to go overseas. I'm part of the Facebook Group "My Grilla Grill Smoker" which is not affiliated with the company. TONS of passionate people on there who are loving their new cookers. I highly recommend you check it out and see what people are saying.

One great thing about GrillaGrills is that the lead engineer, Mark Graham, is constantly getting involved with the Facebook group and he's out there making sure people are happy. Like any company they had a few hiccups with some of the early products but it looks like they have fixed it all and they are putting out some good stuff. If you're local to their warehouse (Holland, MI) you should give them a call and schedule a visit. They do it often and they will show you around, show you their operation, and of course show you their smokers.

Here's the link to the Facebook group if you're interested. All I can really say is that I'm pleased I went with GrillaGrills and gave a newer company a chance. Their customer service is top notch and they are putting out some great products. Good luck!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/823247501112140/

If you are buying a pellet grill, look at Pit Boss. Seriously the best value in pellet grills, with excellent service.

Are you looking pellet or ceramic?

The ceramic grills are from Auplex in China. They make Vision and Pit Boss as well as any brand name you want to stick on it.

You can order direct from them with your own choice of options colors and sizes and your own brand if you want. Small orders, or a lot of them if you want to go in business. What you won't get is customer support and warranty.

So, if you are going to pay extra and accept fewer choices you have to consider why?

Vision: they have been in business in the US for the longest and have some unique features. Warranty is a known quantity.

Pit Boss: usually the lowest domestic price and backed by the Costco return policy IF you get the K24 from Costco. Dansens customer service has been mixed, but they have been supporting warranty issues.

Grilla: ????? I don't know enough to answer. There would have to be a compelling case of customer service or local support, but if you live nearby that certainly could be the case for you.

I will say, that after just over a year, the wood shelves and handle on my Pit Boss are starting to look pretty stained and ratty. I can see why they went to the plastic even though when new I thought the black/bamboo combo looked sharp.

Whichever you get, they all cook the same, just like the other ceramic brands.

Built in China, yes. Then torn down and inspected in Michigan before being delivered to the customer. They have a youtube video on their site showing this at http://grillagrills.com/behind-the-scenes/

I've had my Silverbac since May (my charcoal/stick burner I inherited from a fellow member finally rusted through), and absolutely love it and I used to think of pellet poopers as cheating and refused to consider owning one.

Built like a tank, and ain't bad looking either (I've had neighbors come over to admire it)

The main drawback is it is lacking the ability to produce a hard sear like some pellet poopers have, but it's easy enough to make up for that.

PS - I just noticed you said you were local. Give them a call. Mark Graham, the head engineer who is very active in the Facebook group, has found time to give many customers a tour of the shop. I wish I were closer so I could have a look around...

I am really only looking at the Silverbac. I am not worried about searing as I have a kettle and love to grill on it. I will mainly be using this as a smoker/oven. I still plan on using the kettle from time to time to smoke and I just grabbed an OkJoe offset to play a little with. I cook about 15 lbs of chicken a week for my dogs alone. Heating up the house in the summer sucks so I use the pellet for a ton of meals in the summer.

Outsourcing the materials from China is still sticking in my head but the more research I do I have a hard time finding anyone NEAR that price range that doesnt.

ty for the info on the Kamado....had no idea they were all made in the same shop but I guess I should of figured. Its the way of the world now a days

Back