THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SmokeyBear

is one Smokin' Farker
190 or so seems to be the guidline for pulled pork and beef from everything that I have read. Should the same guideline be the goal if you are going to chop or slice the barbecue?

For pork, I take it off at about 180 or so to slice, 195-200 to pull (depending on the feel of the bone releasing out of the meat). For brisket, somewhere around 190 usually to slice, and that's all I ever do with it, other than burnt ends.

cmcadams said:
For pork, I take it off at about 180 or so to slice, 195-200 to pull (depending on the feel of the bone releasing out of the meat). For brisket, somewhere around 190 usually to slice, and that's all I ever do with it, other than burnt ends.
I agree ... you're a tad low on your pull temp at 190*F. For brisket, I often do a whole brisket and chop the point .... slice the flat.

Back