My "New" sink!

Elfmaze

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I got tired of going back to the house or using wet naps when out by my garage. Plus someone threw out a grill with a perfectly functioning cart and a double sink. Obviously we cant let this waist of great scrap metal go on!

Fully contained, 10 gallon fresh water, hot water on demand, 50 psi pump. Hell you could run a shower head off this thing!

Still a few finishing touches and plumbing to finish up. But i'm excited to move my outdoor cooking one step closer to obsessive!

edit: subscribed

Cool. Very convenient. It would be great if someone sold a portable sink for outdoor cooking. Food safety can get tricky at the park or beach.

That sure will be handy!

Nice looking rig. For the camping or the park, there is this possibility: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Packaway-Deluxe-Camp-Kitchen/dp/B00363WZSS/ref=sr_1_cc_3?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1397487579&sr=1-3-catcorr&keywords=coleman+sink"]Amazon.com : Coleman Packaway Deluxe Camp Kitchen : Camping Cooking Utensils : Sports & Outdoors@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41CykrafHML.@@AMEPARAM@@41CykrafHML[/ame]

Nice setup, I picked up stainless steel restaurant sink I use outdoors. my plumbing is merely garden hoses at the moment.

I just ordered one of these outdoor sinks...
http://generalsuperstore.com/outdoorsink.html

GSS501SSL2013_zps5e2aafc1.jpg

I got tired of going back to the house or using wet naps when out by my garage. Plus someone threw out a grill with a perfectly functioning cart and a double sink. Obviously we cant let this waist of great scrap metal go on!

Fully contained, 10 gallon fresh water, hot water on demand, 50 psi pump. Hell you could run a shower head off this thing!

Wow. Really nice. Can you go into more detail on it? Exactly how it works, what is needed. Yada, yada, yada. Kind of an "Idiot's guide to" sort of thing.

Very ingenious & double points for using what you can see and for Free & not seeing what you can use with a Second mortgage. How ever I was expecting to see it attached to a nice Shiny new custom trailer rig.

That's a great idea. I need a sink in my cooking area, have been thinking about how to go about putting one together. Thanks for the inspiration and idea!

How ever I was expecting to see it attached to a nice Shiny new custom trailer rig.

I will probably eventually end up with a trailer but I'm trying to avoid it. I already have two trailers(boat and car) I don't really want the extra tolls and registration fees to haul another rig. Besides, my van is a high roof NV 2500 so I have plenty of room inside for smokers and sinks.

If need be I can set everything up on the flat bed car trailer to drive to a cookout.

Wow. Really nice. Can you go into more detail on it? Exactly how it works, what is needed. Yada, yada, yada. Kind of an "Idiot's guide to" sort of thing.

Mine uses a flotec 2.9 gpm automatic pump. It runs off a 12v battery(mine will be powered by my rv's solar pannels). A small garden tractor battery would also work. The pump only turns on when you open the faucet.

The heater is a l5 on demand system by eccotemp. Again automatic only fires up when the hot water is turned on.

I got a lot of knowledge from Mel. He is a concession stand food guy out of California. He put together an excellent set of how to videos trying to help other concession stand guys.

http://www.feelfantastic.biz/sink-build.html

Very ingenious & double points for using what you can see and for Free & not seeing what you can use with a Second mortgage.

I didn't make it out completely Un scathed. Even with 90% free it is still going to cost me $200 in parts with odds and ends. Granted the pump and heater was a vast chunk of that.

Mine uses a flotec 2.9 gpm automatic pump. It runs off a 12v battery(mine will be powered by my rv's solar pannels). A small garden tractor battery would also work. The pump only turns on when you open the faucet.

The heater is a l5 on demand system by eccotemp. Again automatic only fires up when the hot water is turned on.

I got a lot of knowledge from Mel. He is a concession stand food guy out of California. He put together an excellent set of how to videos trying to help other concession stand guys.

http://www.feelfantastic.biz/sink-build.html

Thanks for the info and the links. Took a look at some of the videos and see that he's using an on/off switch. How does yours turn on via the faucet ? I guess it has a built in switch ?

Think of the switch as more of a safety. If the pump runs dry (will not damage the pump) it will continuously run trying to re-pressurize, will kill your battery quick. Also when traveling you don't want a pressurized system in case something bumps a handle.

The pump has a pressure switch that detects the drop in pressure and starts the pump to keep the pressure up. When you close the faucet the lines pressurize and the pump shuts down.

Think of the switch as more of a safety. If the pump runs dry (will not damage the pump) it will continuously run trying to re-pressurize, will kill your battery quick. Also when traveling you don't want a pressurized system in case something bumps a handle.

The pump has a pressure switch that detects the drop in pressure and starts the pump to keep the pressure up. When you close the faucet the lines pressurize and the pump shuts down.

Gotcha. Thanks for the info!!! Again, really sweet setup you have there.

Back