2016 Midwest Bash

Rookie'48

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Okay, lets get it started!

First weekend in November or the second?

First weekend of November is the weekend after the Royal. 2nd weekend of November is the World Food Championship.

Does the term "flustercluck" come to mind?

Lawrence KS, about an hour west of Kansas City. The Jellystone Campground.

Thanks, so what kind of weather do you expect in November, and is it open to all brethren. Is it a one day or weekend event.

Thanks, so what kind of weather do you expect in November, and is it open to all brethren. Is it a one day or weekend event.

Open to all who dare make the trek! Most folks show up on Friday evening and head home by Sunday noon. Weather? ...well, plan on somewhere between 40-80 with rain, sun, sleet, snow or possibly a combo of all in one day. We hole up pretty tight in the pavilion and run some heaters & fire pits, but it can get chilly at night (it's November, after all!).

BYOS (bring your own SPAM, there's a contest) and something for potluck style breakfast, lunches and dinners. Children are welcomed and encouraged (as long as they behave better than the adults) but fair warning: there will be booze and cigars, probably a hair-band singalong and an occasional R rated joke. Usually a 48 hour scotch "tasting" breaks out; in general just good food and camaraderie with friends old and new.

Last edited:
Sounds flippin awesome, I'll talk to the boss and check the schedule. Looks like a 6.5 hour drive, but sounds like it's worth it. The potluck thing sounds cool also.

My thought. If you want people to show, have it the weekend after the Royal.

The executive committee is meeting and trying to decide which weekend works best. As Steph just said, the first weekend looks like the best option right now. Please let me know ASAP what your feeling are. Thanks.

After further review, the date stands as called on the field. The Midwest Bash, the granddaddy of all bashes, will be held on the FIRST weekend in November this year. It will again be at the Jellystone campground in Lawrence, Kansas, providing that the pavilion is still available. Stay tuned for announcements.
Dog gone.

DONE DEAL. Jellystone in Lawrence, November 4-6. When you call to make your reservation, tell them you're with the BBQ Group and you'll get a 15% discount. 1-888-703-3281.
THE CABINS GO FAST, Just sayin'

I will set up the porta pottie rental, everyone can chip in.
Shane is bringing generators, everyone can chip in on gas.

Last edited:
Sorry to say I won't be able to attend. I have a wedding I am catering. Everyone have fun and be safe. I will try to make it next year.

I'll call in the morning to make my reservation.

Reservation made! :-D
I'll be in my usual spot at the end of the front row, pretty close to the pavilion.

I have room in my Yogi cabin if anyone needs a place to crash.

Back