Chicken Wings 5th times the best.

kevinb67

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Well when you buy 40 lbs of wings from RD you have to keep trying until you get it right. The first 4 times the wings were good but the skin was just a bit to rubbery. I only had a mini chimney so the temp in the dome on my weber kettle would only hit 300. From advice here I picked up a vortex. I love it. Even with the Vortex and a mini chimney I was only getting temps of 350. So I went out and got a full size chimney and now I hit 550 in the dome. Now my skin is nice and crispy now.

So I made some Garlic Parm Chicken Wings with the recipe below I found on the net someplace.

For the rub:
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried rosemary
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp baking powder (this won’t add flavor, but will help you achieve crispy skin on the wings)

For the sauce:
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp lemon juice
1/4 cup grate Parmesan & Romano Cheese (in the green can)
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
couple of turns of the pepper grinder
salt to taste

Combine the ingredients for the rub.
Dust the chicken wings liberally with the rub.
Place the chicken on the grill (making sure not to be directly over flame or charcoal). Cook until crispy.
While the chicken is cooking, melt the butter in a small sauce pan. Add the remaining ingredients and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
When the chicken is done, remove to a large heat proof bowl. Pour the sauce over the chicken and toss to coat.

ChickenWings6161.jpg

ChickenWings6162.jpg

ChickenWings6163.jpg

Thanks man...Now I think I will have wings tomorrow...Maybe even hafta go with the garlic parm thing...

I like what I see there nice job.

I'm cooking a few dozen wings tomorrow. This thread has me wanting to make a few of them garlic parmesan.

Thanks for the idea.

Those look delirious! I always steam wings for 10 minutes and then refrigerate them for at least an hour before I grill them super hot. Very crispy.

Back