Brisket again

Badhabit

I have a couple of questions regarding my first brisket. It is a 18# and I am considering separating the point and the flat before I smoke it. I do not have a big enough smoker to handle it in one piece. What percentage would be flat and how much would be point? Am I crazy for even considering a first time brisket for a group of about 50 people? I think I would like to smoke it a day or two ahead and reheating it, just so I know the timing would be OK. I have been doing lots of thread searches and learning a lot, but trying to figure out if that is enough flat for that many people and should I have a second meat are making me scratch my head more than a little. Sorry if this sounds mixed up but it has been a long day.

H

Ive cooked hundreds of packers on a Weber OTS and never had to separate the two muscles. use the Ring of Fire arrangement and cook it fat cap down.

Ring of Fire? Mt. Wannahakalugi?

Sorry... it's late, been drinking, have young kids... Disney is a daily thing

50 people on one 18 lb Brisket ? or did I miss something? I would tend to believe you need more !!! But I make big portions anyway.

Back