THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Doing some work on forum. You may experience an error when u try to post or save a setting. It's only temporary.

MuddHonda

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
UDS should be finished this weekend will do a fatty first, then ribs later, will use a rub. It looks like most ribs have a sauce on them when do I put it on and should I use foil and when?

Sauce usually goes on the last 15 or so minutes of your cook. I don't cook on a UDS and I don't recall anyone using foil on the UDS. I do sometimes on my Backwoods when I use the 3-2-1 method of cooking. The times are approx. and you adjust to the way your cooker cooks. 3 hours on the cooker 2 hours in foil with some apple juice/cider vinegar 1 hour to firm them and finish. Hope this helps.

when to sausce ribs: I usually sauce them about 30 mins before I'm going to serve them. Let's the sauce get hot and forms a kind of glaze. You want to avoid cooking the ribs with sauce because they will over caramilze and can make the ribs appear burnt.

I foil my ribs about half way through the cooking process.

I agree with no sauce or foil,just a good rub.Each person has their own tastes, so just try out what you think you will like and go from there. Experimenting with new flavors is always intresting-some good-some not so good.:-D

This may sound crazy, but coat your ribs with mayonaise (I use Dukes) then dry rub. cook for 4hrs at 220, meat falls off bone.

what they said. i personally don't sauce-it's not a requirement.

Nor foil. :)

I agree with no sauce or foil,just a good rub.Each person has their own tastes, so just try out what you think you will like and go from there. Experimenting with new flavors is always intresting-some good-some not so good.:-D

Here's the fourth vote for no foil.

I usually don't sauce on the grill unless I'm the only one eating, I still hardly ever do. If there are others around while the cook is finishing up, I might take a poll and sauce for those that want it. If so, last 15 - 30 minutes of the cook depending on the sauce and grill temp.

Back