Pre-Order @ Franklin's BBQ - lesson learned

cb25

Full Fledged Farker
Heading to Austin around Veteran's Day in November. Was looking into pre-ordering @ Franklin's so we didn't have to spend 1/2 of a day (on a very short trip) sitting in one spot.

Website said they started taking pre-orders for the month of November on 10/6. So I got up this morning, got into work a little early and went to call in -- website says already sold out for the month of November. Small detail on their website says they start taking orders at 12:00am on the first Monday of the month, for the following month's orders. I don't remember it saying 12:00am last month, but it may have and I just missed it.

So I missed out on the pre-order. Not sure if we'll wait in line (clearly plenty of other options we plan to hit - La BBQ, Muellers, etc) but figured anyone thinking about pre-ordering should know. Don't wait until the morning. Call at midnight. Pre-orders for December start Monday November 3rd @ 12am.

Forget Franklin's. In the same amount of time you would spend in line you could drive to Lockhart and enjoy Black's, Smitty's, and Kreuz's, in the same amount of time. All three legendary in their own way. I would put them up against Franklin's any day. Not that I doubt his BBQ is good, just seems to carry a lot of hype. I live in Buda and trek to Lockhart regularly. Trust me on this one. If you need to stay in Austin try Freedman's BBQ on San Gabriel and 24th, just west of campus. Went there for a whiskey dinner and was really impressed.

Back