Brisket wrap - how much liquid?

B'Mackin

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Question for my brethren friends - how much liquid do you use when you wrap your briskets? Are you on the lesser end with like 1/4 quarter cup, or do you favor more of a heavy dose, like 1-2 cups? What affect does less vs. more liquid have on the brisket? And would you change up liquid amounts depending on cooking temps, such as 250 vs. 300?

Appreciate any insight you all might have.

I don't add any liquid. Once the brisket has the bark and color I want I wrap in butcher paper and place that in an open pan. The brisket gives me all the liquid I need. The butcher paper contains the heat while still allowing it to breath better than foil and the pan collects any juices that drip out of the paper.

Once I get the color I like, the brisket goes in a pan (on a rack) without any added liquid, and covered with foil. Usually end up with a fair amount of liquid in the pan when done.

12 oz. Dark beer.. :) Pabst.... Because Bill Gillespie says to do it in his book. He is right. It is delicious.

12 oz. Dark beer.. :) Pabst.... Because Bill Gillespie says to do it in his book. He is right. It is delicious.

2dd815a2365d3a3be87d944dc50cba24.jpg

I also like to wrap my brisket in siracha and red creme soda. Sweet and spicy :)

Everyone, please join me in a moment of prayer for the people of Harrisburg, PA
:pray:

I like to dust it with a bit of Crucible too.... :)
Got to make sure they get a little back end heat :).

Yummy! Not in my tummy :)

It was a joke.... The beer is true. The siracha and red creme soda bull chit for bull chits sake. Crucible is Good but bull chit on using it on brisket. Just in case anyone believes me. It is all bull chit. Do NOT siracha and creme soda wrap a brisket and don't cover it in crucible. Any judge who had that would probably have a very bad day. Do Not try to kill judges with those twisted cocktails.:doh:

It was a joke.... The beer is true. The siracha and red creme soda bull chit for bull chits sake. Crucible is Good but bull chit on using it on brisket. Just in case anyone believes me. It is all bull chit. Do NOT siracha and creme soda wrap a brisket and don't cover it in crucible. Any judge who had that would probably have a very bad day. Do Not try to kill judges with those twisted cocktails.:doh:

I should have quoted the OP before responding, "why?". It was meant for him. But I love the sriracha/cream soda idea...sounds scrumdilli'icious.

There are 1,000,001 ways to cook barbecue & everyone has differing opinions...but I just can't imagine putting anything inside the foil if you wrap a brisket.

But...I generally can't imagine wrapping a brisket in the first place. Each to their own...and that's a good thing.

Back