Just pulled the trigger Shirley Smoker

Congratulations! A lot of people are buying some very nice smokers these days.

Yeah those roof videos captured my imagination . A marine quality custom cover will easily be 500-1000 bucks. I say heck go full force and have a self enclosed steel behemoth!

I am just looking at the roof and the fold down side for shade reasons, that Texas sun eats me up, will still have good air flow just need the sun off my bald head LOL

What are you cooking on now? Would love to see one of these in person. Congrats! I don't know how you will be able to stand waiting that long, but it should be worth the wait once it comes in.

I have an offset my wife got me a few years ago at a benefit, she paid way to much for what I got, but it went for a good cause, which I am all about, and I also have 2 REC TEC Pellet Smokers, one I will take to deer lease and the other is in the back yard. I started doing some comp's and wanted to step my game up with these quality Shirley Cookers.

Another shirley in Texas! Can't wait to see the roof system. People get upset about the wait time but if they had ever seen one in person they would understand.

Another shirley in Texas! Can't wait to see the roof system. People get upset about the wait time but if they had ever seen one in person they would understand.

Im not upset. I dream over that cooker! Thats shorter than I thought it was! Ill pull the trigger some day...

I know you want regret putting a roof on your cooker. It offers relief from the sun and adds a great deal of protection to the cooker when it is folded down for storage. I am really enjoying mine, Tyler did a really good with the roof.

Another fellar just ordered about the same thing other day and he said late 2018....... :confused:

I think Paul and Tyler have different timelines, but Paul only takes orders at certain times during the year. This is only what I think based off of watching every single video on their youtube channel going back 3 years. I could be wrong.

That's my understanding as well. If his videos are still accurate, I guess Paul says he's out for surgery this summer of 2017 for ACL repair. Thus, the small builds are done by Paul while the big ones are Tyler.

Barry W--that thing is TIGHT!! I'm loving just looking at it. It's making me reconsider what'll go into dream cooker. I know Shirley is never going to skimp on materials so those retractable roof panels are probably like a bunker in heft. Congrats Sir! That's a mighty fine cooking machine that dreams are made of!!

Paul takes orders year round just like Tyler does. However the difference is that Paul has a full time job and is 4 days at the Refinery and 4 days off. On his days off, he is in the shop building. He normally does the smaller builds and let Tyler and team handle the larger, more detailed builds due to the amount of man hours it takes.

I think Paul and Tyler have different timelines, but Paul only takes orders at certain times during the year. This is only what I think based off of watching every single video on their youtube channel going back 3 years. I could be wrong.

Another fellar just ordered about the same thing other day and he said late 2018....... :confused:

You are correct. Mine will be late 2018. I have some costly pool repairs and some work to be done at the house over the next few weeks to prepare for 7 of my wife's California family to visit us over July 4th. I also provide about 30-40% of my aged parents' finances.
My Shirley dream was green lighted by the wife on the condition that I did not touch my retirement account and our savings account or cash out any of our CDs. Around the parents' bills, her bills, my bills and our bills...I will be earmarking some $ monthly when the paycheck finds its way into my acct.
I am looking at a Sep/Oct start time and a Nov/Dec completion time on my build. Gonna be a long agonizing wait, but well worth it!:-D

Yes...I'll be putting less into savings monthly and more into Shirley! :heh:. I asked Paul to give me roughly 18 months...will give him the call to proceed about 8 weeks out, per their request on the site.

Back