Just pulled the trigger Shirley Smoker

Just talked to Paul yesterday, and got my order in on Cabinet 24"X50" Modified Trailer, will be next year around April (ballpark), can't wait and extremely excited about the purchase.

I went with the 24x50 on a modified as well. What upgrades are you going with...for now? Pretty safe bet your build will change a few times between now and then. I already have a couple of things in mind over and above my initial build...gonna hafta reign myself in!

I'm strongly considering the roof due to lack of covered space. I have no idea what that will do to the budget. Unlike a lot of you, I put in my deposit and general need (24x60 trailer) to get in line without much of a discussion with Tyler or Paul about specifics. I think I'm January time frame and will have those discussions when they get closer to the build, I guess.

Bwram1, hats off to you for caring for the family. That being said, you deserve a super cooker and it'll be that much sweeter when you take delivery. There's a clang to the Shirley firebox door that tells me I'm off duty, cheers amigo!

Bwram1, hats off to you for caring for the family. That being said, you deserve a super cooker and it'll be that much sweeter when you take delivery. There's a clang to the Shirley firebox door that tells me I'm off duty, cheers amigo!

Don't get me wrong...I would LOVE to have an April build, but...priorities...

In 2015, I snatched up the house next to mine as soon as it hit the market, and moved them in. With me taking a lot of the pressure off of them, they are able to do more and are about as happy as they've ever been...if not more so. Seeing them happy is worth everything to me!

Will be a long wait, but..."good things come to those that wait"!

Last edited:
Paul will be doing my build, April was the ballpark time frame he gave me, but that could change, which is no big deal to me, I am just happy to have the green light from the wife and have Paul accept my build, life is good. As far as upgrades if you look at there website and look at the cabinet 24X60 modified trailer, mine will have all options as stated on that one but just in the 50" chamber instead of 60". Also a few probe inserts and discussion on the roof, if the roof upgrade fits into my budget then I will get that added, if not looks like a canopy will have to work LOL

I'm driving over to Tuscaloosa on Friday to pick mine up. For those that care, my deposit to delivery time was just under 11 months. While I'm all for instant gratification, the delay gave me time to really consider what I wanted. The time also gave me the chance to driver over to a fellow brethren's house and check out his model (thanks again Wade).

The entire process was smooth. Tyler was great to work with. I can't wait to actually get it home and build a fire this weekend. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is telling my wife that she can't keep her car in the garage anymore...

Congratulations on your decision. Enjoy the ride. The wait will seem to take forever but also go by before you know it.

Texas Smoker,

I've been pleased with my 50" inch cook chamber. As you can see, there's plenty of room and I've never even come close to pushing its capacity (see picture).

That being said, if I upgrade to a trailer, I'll probably go a lot bigger just to make it worth my while so that it's a leap forward in terms of upgrade. Right now, I'm back and forth with Colorado DMV to find out their requirements for title, tag, and registration.

If it's not too much pain and suffering, then I'll probably get into the Queue around Christmas with the wife's blessing, knowing full well that it'll roll into 2019!!

Attachments

• IMG_4122.jpg
    IMG_4122.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 98
That is more than enough room for me, thanks for the picture. Once I get home I am going to start finding out about the registration and so on, I have been given some info from another member which will help me go in the right direction.

Congrats Texas Smoker, I too just got my order in. Ordered it through Tyler. I know it's going to be a while but I'm excited.

Back