Need a new charcoal grill. What to do what to do?

Blythewood BBQ'er

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Here's the deal. My 22 inch Outdoor Gourmet Triton, a performer knock off, is starting to separate from the bowl and where the catch pan hooks up to it. The table is still super strong and stable. Do I jerry rig a weber premium kettle or 26'er in the table or do I just buy a performer? I would hate to have a janky Frankenstein grill, but hate to loose the table. But I can give the table to horsecreekdirtfarmer and he can have a janky Frankenstein grill with a table!:-o:tsk: He has a weber kettle I got him for Dad's Day a couple years back.

I almost won a copper performer today in a raffle, missed it by 1 number. Here's the OG. I really hate it's separating. New pictures btw. Bottom pick is where it is separating.

Attachments

• 20140625_150342.jpg
    20140625_150342.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 316
  • 20140625_153011.jpg
    20140625_153011.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 316
Get a pooper is the correct answer here lol jk I’d get a Weber 26 or have you considered a pk grill which will last you forever and not need to be replaced?

Not gonna lie! I am leaning towards the 26. Fairly handy with tools so connection to the table MAY not be too much of an issue. I just not too sure about the bowl size. Anyone got one they could measure the circumference for me?

Has anyone drilled through a weber and if so did it rust at the hole?

How many people do you cook for on a regular basis?

What’s the budget?

I have a large family... 9-10 of us for dinner on any given day. Plus we enjoy entertaining. As far as a fantastic charcoal grill, and I have had my fair share... the 26.75” Weber kettle has turned out to be one of my all time favorites... and I have had grills that cost significantly more. Great performer and fantastic value, IMO. I also have a Vortex, SnS and GrillGrates for it which have made it super versatile. I primarily use it as a grill as I smoke everything on my pellet cooker. Toss a set of GrillGrates across the entire surface and you’ll have a FANTASTIC grilling experience :)

Get a pooper is the correct answer here lol jk I’d get a Weber 26 or have you considered a pk grill which will last you forever and not need to be replaced?

I thought build a UDS was always the correct answer.

That table looks nice. If you are comfortable drilling holes in a brand new Weber, I would just retrofit a new Weber premium in there. Not sure a 26er would fit, if the current grill is a 22".

Just me and the wife usually. May cook for another couple now and then. I really like the lid holder that's mostly why I want a 26er or performer. Not the little performer though, I like the bigger table. Budget not an option Christmas bonus came in today!:clap2:

Just me and the wife usually. May cook for another couple now and then. I really like the lid holder that's mostly why I want a 26er or performer. Not the little performer though, I like the bigger table. Budget not an option Christmas bonus came in today!:clap2:

The LTD Red one also comes with the lid holder. You already have the table, so all you would really be getting is the gas assist, and the charcoal holder. You could probably buy the 22" to fix this one, and a 26er for the same price as the performer premium. Just depends on how much you value the gas ignition, and the plastic charcoal holder.

If it’s just you and the wife, with the occasional couple... if in your shoes, I’d be super tempted to go with the PK 360. As much as I love my big ole’ Weber... I’ve said it more than once... the day that PK offers a grill that exceeds 500 sq”... I will probably be the first in line. I “think” I’d like it more than my big kettle... and that’s saying a lot... lol. With all that said, I still think the kettle is an overall easier grill to cook on and clean (assuming you don’t go with the entry level kettle with no real ash management system).

Money no object? I'd go with the Crate and Barrel Blue Performer, cause they sexy! Or, the PK 360, hubba hubba! Or, I'd cob together an MRK, Mini Ranch Kettle, cause, damn! Very likely ain't nobody else in your state got an MRK!

So does the Mastertouch! Wish they just made a 26 performer. In different colors! Just like thermopens different colors are better!:heh::thumb:

I have several Weber 22", as well as the 26". I mostly cook for 4 or less. I use my Performer, with the gas assist, almost daily. My 26" sits right next to the Performer and I still gravitate to the 22". You will be very happy with either!

Weber 26. I love my UDS but of the cookers listed in my signature the Weber 26 is the Alpha male. It carries the load and gets called on the most. It would definitely be the last one standing if I downsized.

If it’s just you and the wife, with the occasional couple... if in your shoes, I’d be super tempted to go with the PK 360. As much as I love my big ole’ Weber... I’ve said it more than once... the day that PK offers a grill that exceeds 500 sq”... I will probably be the first in line. I “think” I’d like it more than my big kettle... and that’s saying a lot... lol. With all that said, I still think the kettle is an overall easier grill to cook on and clean (assuming you don’t go with the entry level kettle with no real ash management system).

If they can get a pk grill to be the same size and overall shape of an xl primo that would be amazing.

I'm really surprised pk doesn't have a "large" grill. Man I don't know. I would love a 26, just don't know how it would hold up after drilling. The mounts on the table are semicircular so I'm sure a 26 would fit. Height isn't a concern since I'm tall, a higher cooking surface would be ok.

Back