3 Days Till 2nd Shirley (Friday)!

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
So 3 days till I get my second SF. Can't wait till Friday :biggrin1::becky:. Plan on getting out of Atlanta after lunch and hopefully back home by 8'ish. Pretty easy drive getting there from the ATL.

Then similar to picking up my last one after getting back I'll stare at it for a while and go to bed, wake up in the morning and season it or something and just start cooking :clap2: Looks like 30 or more folks coming over for my inaugural cook.

Menu so far is..........
Corned beef brisket (in the brine right now)
Beef Ribs (3 big old racks thawing right now)
1 rack of corned beef ribs just to mess around with and probably an appetizer
15lbs of Wings
Couple Butts
Sausage (homemade pork, chicken and beef)
And a Whole Cow Head for Barbacoa :-D (really excited about this since I've never cooked one)

Also will probably do some form of bacon wrapped meatballs with ground sausage and maybe jalapenos too. Already have mac made and will do beans and slaw. I would guess I might pick up a regular brisket too just to load it up more for its first cook.

Only supposed to be around 40 degrees on Saturday, but sunny so that is pretty solid. Been a few sad months without a SF so pretty amped to have another at my disposal. I'll be posting a bunch of pics after getting it and then of course taking a lot as normal for the first cook!

congrats and will be waiting to see your pics . I got just a couple more weeks till they will be building mine and helps with the wait seeing all the awesome new pits .

Congrats on your second Shirley, I'm looking forward to see some pics of her.

I'd say that's breaking it in right, you're not messing around :thumb:

That's pretty cool Jason, congrats on the second Shirley! Looking forward to seeing it in action. :grin:

Back