Pit Bull 25 CFM Fan

JVM59

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Would anyone happen to know or determine the make & model number of the
fan/blower that is installed in the BBQ Guru 25 CFM Pit Bull fan?
I recently disassembled my 10 CFM Pit Viper which has a Pelonis RBM7530B1
and would like the ability to swap them out.Thanks.

Yes, I have replaced mine a couple of times and I have one wired up ready to go in case the other one fails. I can send you the info when I get home. I get mine from ebay. They are really cheap. The put bull has a bigger housing than the 10cfm fan. You would have to make a different housing as well. I made one for my cousin once to upgrade his fan. It is pretty easy if you can cut metal or make one out of aluminum.

Yes, I have replaced mine a couple of times and I have one wired up ready to go in case the other one fails. I can send you the info when I get home. I get mine from ebay. They are really cheap. The put bull has a bigger housing than the 10cfm fan. You would have to make a different housing as well. I made one for my cousin once to upgrade his fan. It is pretty easy if you can cut metal or make one out of aluminum.

Thanks much, Captain K.
Any assistance is much appreciated. BTW: do you have a full size or mini?

I have a full size. I thought I had a scrap piece of metal that I could make you one out of, but I couldn't find one tonight. I will keep looking. This is my spare fan

Attachments

• 20170816_214524.jpg
    20170816_214524.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 214
I spoke with a rep at BBQ Guru and she stated that the 10 CFM and 25 CFM
fans use the same housings AND the same adapter. Only difference in size is the CFM output. Then I spoke with a rep at Pelonis Fans who told me that they
make the 25 CFM fan but only distribute them to BBQ Guru!
It's a conspiracy!!! LOL!

I have a full size. I thought I had a scrap piece of metal that I could make you one out of, but I couldn't find one tonight. I will keep looking. This is my spare fan

Since I'm going to use this on my Mini Insulated, I'm wondering if I even need the 25 CFM. Your full size has almost twice the capacity, doesn't it?

The full size is twice the size. You could probably get by with the 10 cfm fan. I would call Chris and ask him what he thought. The stuff about the fan housing being the same size is new to me. The 10 cfm fan and housing my cousin had was way smaller than the 25 cfm fan that I had. That ebay link has dimensions on the fan, you can compare it to the fan you have. The wiring of it is very easy. You can get the same size plug from radio shack and connect it to the wires on the fan, or just splice the fan into the existing fans wiring.

The full size is twice the size. You could probably get by with the 10 cfm fan. I would call Chris and ask him what he thought. The stuff about the fan housing being the same size is new to me. The 10 cfm fan and housing my cousin had was way smaller than the 25 cfm fan that I had. That ebay link has dimensions on the fan, you can compare it to the fan you have. The wiring of it is very easy. You can get the same size plug from radio shack and connect it to the wires on the fan, or just splice the fan into the existing fans wiring.

I agree.How can the size be the same if the output is increased?
Maybe the rep didn't fully understand my question.
I'll keep checking around, and again, many thanks for the assistance!

Not much experience with Pit Bull fan...... one year before, I bought a Pit Bull welding machine, it is still working....... I can just say that Pit Bull is really a good brand.

Last edited:
That link is for a 24 v fan, you would need a 12 v. It was mainly for size reference. Let me know if you need any other help. I can wire it for you if you end up getting one.

That link is for a 24 v fan, you would need a 12 v. It was mainly for size reference. Let me know if you need any other help. I can wire it for you if you end up getting one.

Can you post some pics of the bracket that you make for the fan?
I'm sure I can fabricate something, but having a visual to go by
is usually helpful.
Many Thanks!

you can get on on amazon also.. This is the one that i used to replace my old fan with...

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Blower-9733-97x33mm-Brushless-Cooling/dp/B00KNQZ9J8/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1503026495&sr=8-2-fkmr1&keywords=12V+97mm+97x33mm+9733S+Brushless+Blower+Centrifugal+Cooling+Fan[/ame]

Since I'm going to use this on my Mini Insulated, I'm wondering if I even need the 25 CFM. Your full size has almost twice the capacity, doesn't it?

Get the big fan. You can always shut it down some but if you need more air the Pit Viper can't do it. There is only a few bucks difference in the price.

Back