THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rusty Kettle

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Hey you with the face!
So I farked up brisket and dried it out in my kamado the other day. My wife was mad as heck because of the cost of a brisket. She said we can't throw it out so I came up with a random idea.

First I took the brisket and shredded some and cubed the rest up. I then added baked beans with brown sugar. Some blues hog smokey mountain sauce for flavor. I proceeded to add agave nectar because I had it around. I added Crucible and smokey mountain smokers chipotle rubs. I covered it in mozzerella cheese and cheddar cheese. I decided to smoke my beans with peach wood. I have no idea if this is a good idea or another idea like a cream cheese stuffed hot dog. Could be good or could be bad. No clue if it will work but why the fark not?

Before cooking Pron.

Also I added dried pepper flakes made by Franco of Ceramic Grill Works

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 219
Ok so this cook is live! We have set about 325-350 dome temp.

A little peach wood for flavor. No idea if this is going to work.

Any thoughts? Good or bad comments are fine. This is what happens when you are bored and having nothing better to do.

Also how long you think this should cook? I got no idea what I am even doing right now. Lol. I am so tired.

If everything in the pan is already cooked, then I would say 1-2 tops. Just cook until hot and allow time for any fat that may be left in your brisket to render for added flavor. Option #2 just cook until hot a bubbly and cheese is melted. 45min- 1 hour

Holy farking chit! It actually worked and is delicious! You guys have got to try this. It is smokey and sweet as all heck and like fire on your tongue all at once.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 202
Way to go! It looks delicious and I bet the wife was impressed with the result! I love me some burnt ends, baked beans and a few slices of fresh picked, home grown maters (tomatoes:)

Your brisket was probably just under cooked. Dried out = under cooked. Shredded beef mush = over cooked. There is no way to "dry" out a brisket under normal cooking conditions if it's cooked to the right end temperature (I mean there is probably a 20 degree swing you need to "feel" for, but anywhere in 190-210 will still be pretty good brisket.

Did you use an instant Thermometer? What temp was the meat when you pulled it for slicing?

Back