Live cook: FARK UP of the CENTURY! (But the meat is great.)

Melissaredhead

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
So here it is. My live cook of the peach injected butt turned out spectacular. But boy did I FARK up.
I'll just the pictures speak...

[ame=http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk175/melissaredhead/Mobile%20Uploads/trim.F6011F08-8653-4CFF-A6F4-E1A9AD4B6683_zpsreubou8p.mp4]
th_trim.F6011F08-8653-4CFF-A6F4-E1A9AD4B6683_zpsreubou8p.mp4
[/ame]

Agh, haha. At least you have a great sense of humor about it. I shed a tear for that Mac and cheese, hopefully some was salvageable. Looked mighty tasty, as your bt's could probably attest.

Opps !!!

Well, I've spilled a few things over the years....nothing's the end of the world...the fattie looks tremendous !!!

As do all the other goods.....just a thought, if the mac was in a smoker, would it have spilled?

That is the paradox ...

Opps !!!

Well, I've spilled a few things over the years....nothing's the end of the world...the fattie looks tremendous !!!

As do all the other goods.....just a thought, if the mac was in a smoker, would it have spilled?

I see what you're saying...the solution therefore is to smoke everything and keep the oven out of all cooking.

Thank you. I am but a mere grasshopper.

I drank way too many beers one time (well ive drank too many beers plenty of times but this one time) and dropped a whole rack of ribs in the the dirt. Dust em off, quick sear and good as new.

If I had a choice i would rather fark up a side. Could have been way worse. Kraft mac and cheese to the rescue.

I drank way too many beers one time (well ive drank too many beers plenty of times but this one time) and dropped a whole rack of ribs in the the dirt. Dust em off, quick sear and good as new.

Dust em off...that just ain't right:shock:

That's an interesting platter you serve the mac and cheese on. I'm not sure what the grates are for, but does have some interesting possibilities. Do they sell those at Williams Sonoma?

I made two naked fatties from 2 lbs of chorizo once. When they were done, I placed them on a cheap sheet pan and turned from the kettle. The pan buckled and the fatties hit the patio bricks and exploded. I figured I could salvage something, but the bricks were seated in sand. Even the dogs were hesitant to scarf up more than a few bites, so about 1 1/2 lbs went into the garbage. I always grab the quality half sheet pans now.

Thanks for sharing all of your FARK ups with me! It was like 7 pounds. I literally flip cupped that sucker. Right in front of the fella that made it. I feel so bad.
But he got great bbq!

The fatty and the pork look delicious! Too bad about the mac and cheese, but at least you salvaged some of it.

I once made a bacon wrapped mac and cheese fatty. Tasted fine, but was a tad on the dry side:sad:

The food looks great Melissa. Sorry to hear about the spill.

Something must be going around lately. Had 10 quarts of chili going for dinner, asked someone to take it off in 2.5 hours. They warmed up some soup on the stove in the meantime. First they accidentally turned the burner knob I was using, but instead of moving it back to low/med, they put it almost to high. At least your place doesn't smell like a creosote factory =(

Back