I'm mad because I can't ever find anything to post about

lankster35

Take a breath!
Reaction score
Every time I have a great question to ask I end up using the search feature at the bottom of the page and more information than anyone needs in a lifetime pops up. Hence the reason for this post - just to let everyone know about all the great information on here. I just spent hours looking up different salt information vs. kinds of sugar. Rib rubs then thought why not find a good brisket rub to which I ended up on what I always use - S&P with a few others thrown in for good measure. Been using the Mike Mills Magic dust and really like it......found that here too - Any better rib rubs than the 100 I already found here?

Thanks for a great information site.

Bob
Smoke 'em if you got 'em

Don't feel like you can't repeat questions. If that was the case no one would ask anything :-D. Similar or the same questions will get different answers from folks that maybe didn't see or reply to the other threads and there are new minds joining all the time with thoughts others might not have come up with yet or mentioned. Refreshing old topics is a good thing. And sometimes people can lead you to threads the search feature doesn't always find.

A wealth of information is available here, but never fear to ask a question as a new thread.

Use all that info to cook up some Q and post pics of that. :-D

Get over to cattle call and introduce yourself. No question will go unanswered. Welcome!

I'm sure i will post more often - just wanted to get at least one new post in so I could see the recipe page eventually :)

Post anything you like. There are many brethen here who love to answer questions. They've probably answered most of them several times. Don't worry about it. Just have fun..........Oh build a UDS.

I always feel guilty asking the same old questions here. For me, the search button doesn't work in my browser.

I'm always amazed at how many brethren jump in with awesome information, no matter how newbish the question. I learn something new here every day.

I love this place!

HarrynVegas - My Electric Smoker died after fixing it 2 or 3 times in 6 years so I decided to go back to a stick burner. I liked the electric but it just wasn't the same and each has their own benefits. The electric is so much easier but it just wasn't any fun - for me. I bought a LyfeTyme 20" diameter with double doors and the vertical stack on the end. So far I like it but still getting used to it as it likes to burn hot and I'm an old fashioned low and slow smoker from the 80's. I added some tuning plates and building smaller fires and cooking almost every weekend again. Luv it....

Don't know that it's a 'better' rib rub than anything else....but it's different.....

clodribszukes035.jpg

Ethiopian berbere spice....real rich, savory, spicy & 'earthy' for lack of a better term.....

Here's how it goes together....

http://www.daringgourmet.com/2013/08/26/berbere-ethiopian-spice-blend/

Here's easier mixes that are still good using easier to find items / components......

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/ethiopian-spice-mix-berbere-104015

http://yumuniverse.com/ethiopian-berbere-spice/

And, it can be found pre-mixed at an international type grocers....

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...vptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_8xz5on6qy2_b

I use a bottle pre-mix that's good, but not screamin' spicy.....

I always feel guilty asking the same old questions here. For me, the search button doesn't work in my browser.

I'm always amazed at how many brethren jump in with awesome information, no matter how newbish the question. I learn something new here every day.

I love this place!

Sometimes i cant use the search button on my tablet. I'll hold my finger on the search button until the option for open in new tab appears. Opens a new tab and search from there works. I have to do that with several other features from my tablet sometimes.

I'm on this site almost everyday and don't go back and search very often. So a lot of the questions look new to me if they were asked quite a while ago. Plus sometimes a question reminds me of something that I wanted to do. So feel free to ask away. And there's always new people with new ideas to help answer questions to give a different viewpoint on a question. And that can help too.

As people said, ask all you want. Opinions change, new equipment/techniques/gear happen all the time. I know I've learned a lot and changed opinions on a lot of things over the years. Also, don't take offense if someone does give you a few links to stuff that's been talked to a lot. They're doing it because they think all the information in there is still valid and almost all the time it leads to a huge jack pot of great information. Glad you're joining us

THIS. PLACE. ROCKS!

:thumb::becky::thumb::becky::thumb:

God bless this forum. It is my go to for advice and recipes and like you, I've never had to ask myself.

Back