Shipping cost for new smoker

Po Po Pork

Reaction score
Looking for some advice on shipping options. I'm looking at the assisan 24 shipped from Macon Ga to Mankato Mn. The initial quote was 540.00 which shocked me as a little high. Anybody have some alternatives?

I personally don't think $540 is too high, but it's ez for me to spend YOUR hard-earned money.
Cheap things aren't good, and good things aren't cheap.
How much would it cost you in gas to go get it.... about $540 I bet.
1200 or so miles, hotels, gas.

I paid about $ 600 to have mine shipped ( 600 lbs ) . Cheaper than driving with hotel .

I paid Around $600 also when I had my smoker shipped from Peoria,Ill. to Louisiana

Sounds about right.

Shipping is huge. Prob cost about the same to ship a 900 dollar chubby the same way.

Go to Uship.com and let them bid on shipping your item. I've save hundreds on shipping large items. You have the option to decline all bids.

Sounds right to me too. For something very heavy and crated, costs a lot. I paid $300 from Houston to Dallas for 850lb vertical cabinet smoker.

Sounds about right. You might check around with some of the transportation brokers like Lone Star, etc. A lot of times they will have loads scheduled to a specific location, but not have anything for the return trip. Or, they will have a partial load and be happy to pick something else up. You can get these cheaper..... sometimes. However, I don't think that $640 sounds too bad. Fuel is expensive. If you had to drive from your home and back at the current IRS rate per mile.... well look at just the recovery costs for mileage.

Looking for some advice on shipping options. I'm looking at the assisan 24 shipped from Macon Ga to Mankato Mn. The initial quote was 540.00 which shocked me as a little high. Anybody have some alternatives?

Sounds pretty fair price to me . I've heard of higher for less distance. You want cheap shipping order a WSM or PBC.

Back