Contest Announcment Chattahoochee River BBQ Competition, Douglasville, GA - July 24-25, 2015

Gadragonfly

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Chattahoochee River BBQ Competition
Douglasville, GA which is about 30 miles west of Atlanta on I20
July 24-25, 2015
KCBS Standard times and meats

This contest is being held in conjunction with the Chattahoochee River Country Music Festival. The website link is: http://www.crcmf.com/

On Friday and Saturday there is a carnival that opens at 10:00 a.m. Friday's concerts begin at 6 pm and Saturdays begin at Noon. The carnival ends both nights at 2 a.m. and the concerts end at 11 pm but an "after the party" Honky Tonk runs until 3 a.m. both nights.

Party on :rockon:

It might be worth going to this contest to cook and just watch the people show?????

Randy, I sent the organizer an email yesterday introducing myself and Rusty and giving him our contact information. Hopefully they'll have the applications up soon. I'll let you know if I hear anything. The location of the event is huge. My hope is that they can put the cook teams on one side and the party on the other so that you won't be disturbed after 11:00 pm. Good luck this weekend and we'll stop by and say hello. Julie

edited: They have a Facebook page and Jeff Massey asked when the bbq applications will be available. The response was that they would be posted, along with prize money and categories in about a month.

Last edited:
Nice to see more summer contest in GA :-D. Used to be there was Euharlee at the beginning of June, then nothing until Kennesaw in August.

It looks like the venue for the music festival changed locations. Does anyone know anything about the BBQ contest? I was thinking about signing up but the lack of information on the event has me scared.

Back