THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Doing some work on forum. You may experience an error when u try to post or save a setting. It's only temporary.

sturev

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Pils...
I just got my new JoeTisserie and I'm going to spin a costco rack of pork today. It's almost 6lbs and I was thinking of running it around 350. Anyone have a guess as to how long it might take? I'm planning to pull it around 135 and let it rest. Using a rotisserie is a first for me... :shocked:

No words of wisdom here, but I love those racks of pork and it sounds like a great way to go! I've been wanting to do that myself.

These kind of cuts? I absolutely loved this one. It sure didn't take very long and cooked maybe 350-400* ...and I pulled it IIRC around 145* 150* Spinning like this you don't have to be that precise when pulling. It was MAJOR juicy!

No words of wisdom here, but I love those racks of pork and it sounds like a great way to go! I've been wanting to do that myself.

Ya, these things are just killer! My wife isn't a huge "chunk of meat" fan :twitch: so that means I get to have leftovers this week. :clap: I usually just run them whole on the grill around 300 w/some apple wood but the higher heat and roti has me questioning my timing.

These kind of cuts? I absolutely loved this one. It sure didn't take very long and cooked maybe 350-400* ...and I pulled it IIRC around 145* 150* Spinning like this you don't have to be that precise when pulling. It was MAJOR juicy!

Yup, that's it Keith... Do you recall how long yours took?

BTW, I've got Octoforks next up on my list! :-D

It's been a minute since then. lol But I'd guess maybe 30-45 minues.

LOL, ya, I hear ya on that one; what day is it? :loco:

Wow, less than an hour... I was thinking it was going to be close to 2. Yes, going direct over lump w/some apple chunks.

LOL, ya, I hear ya on that one; what day is it? :loco:

Wow, less than an hour... I was thinking it was going to be close to 2. Yes, going direct over lump w/some apple chunks.

Mine might have been 3-4 lbs? It was under an hour for sure though. If yours went over an hour i'd be surprised....cooking hot anyways.

Yea mine was smaller, now thinking about it 3 lbs or so

Things are cooking for me faster vertical than horizontal though. I don't know if you saw when I did the pork loin test? One was regular horizontal and the other was vertical. The vertical cooked probably 30% faster. So yours could take a little longer. Can't wait to to see pics. It'll be juicy tasty goodness for sure!

Back