APL Back in L.A.!

gtr

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Adam Perry Lang is recreating his backlot BBQ thing in Hollywood from Oct. 7-21. I hit it weekly last time and, while expensive (part of the proceeds go to charity), it was farking phenomenal.

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-81406615/

Work permitting, I will be there at opening on day 1. Anybody who wants to meet me there while this thing is going on gimme a holler - it's best to hit it early - word got out last time and the lines grew long over the summer.

The article says he's added a 21 ft. pit built by Aaron Franklin. Last time he was using a really cool J&R pit in which he shoveled coals from a retort.

Looking forward to October! :hungry:

It starts on Tuesday, farkers! I'll be there at 11! :whoo:

Anybody else in? I'll be going other times as well.

Got a little meat drunk today...

From the parking garage...

photo-941.jpg

Nice slicer! But a little adjustment needed - we were among the first 10 orders so there are a few kinks yet to work out.

photo-1487.jpg

The meat is damn good though. He's giving samples while he slices.

photo-2418.jpg

I wanted to jump up there and motorboat the cutting board. :shocked:

photo-367.jpg

The red and gray offset behind APL was built by Aaron Franklin.

photo-1303.jpg

Brisket and short rib combo. Brisket was respectable, short rib was out of this world. Pickles were a revelation.

photo-2076.jpg

Another angle from the parking garage.

photo-721.jpg

As a bonus, there must have been some kind of casting call or modeling call, as there were some unbelievably beautiful women walking around there all done up. Quite a sight, quite a meal. I'll be going back soon!

Anybody who is in the area needs to get the arses over there. He's here Tues.- Fri. this week and the 2 following weeks. Maybe we can meat up, but if not, just get there one way or the other. I'd say the short rib is the better experience - one of the best dishes I have ever eaten by far.

The price is a choker ($25 for the combo, $30 for the short rib - even higher than last time) but I believe there are proceeds going to charity, the meat is really damn good, and you only live once anyway, so may as well enjoy it - whenever the time comes to croak I think I'd be much happier about eating awesome BBQ rather than saving a little $ - knowwhatImeanVern?

Looks great Greg! I know I will need to get over there soon.
I was trying to figure out how I could get there today.
Too much going on. Maybe next week.

Oh yea, where's the pictures of them girls? :shock:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Looks great Greg! I know I will need to get over there soon.
I was trying to figure out how I could get there today.
Too much going on. Maybe next week.

Oh yea, where's the pictures of them girls? :shock:

I think you know as well as I do that if you took pix of every cutie you saw around here there would be no space left on any phone, computer, SD card, etc.

I'll probably be going back Friday, and next week....and the week after...:hungry:

That looks spectacular!

Did you remember to invite APL to the Bash this Saturday? After all, he is a member here :becky:

I actually thought about that a couple days ago and promptly forgot. :doh:

Back