Disappointed

Bigdawg580

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Been waiting on central freight line trucking company to deliver my smoker. It has taken two days to get a hold of customer service. There tracking info said no one available to receive. There has been no phone call or missed phone call to set up a delivery. We haven't gone anywhere in days. There customer service is trying to get a hold of there dispatcher. They said if we don't here anything from there dispatcher by 3pm to call back agian. I have to leave to California tomorrow, i don't like the idea my new smoker will be sitting in the driveway untill i get home. I should have picked up my smoker in person.
I would not recommend central freight for delivering of your new smoker.

Poor customer service is a big thing with larger companies now, I had a big screw around with fed ex for my backwoods, ended up finally tracking it down, took the day off just to go get it myself from the depot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sucks. I was in the oppose boat about a month back when i had to order some with freight delivery. First they said it'd be there on a friday. Thursday morning they called to say it was on the truck for delivery for around 3pm, will call at noon to schedule time. Good thing i took the day off because the driver called at 10am and said "be there in 10 minutes" but i was running errands and wouldnt be back for an hour. The driver had some other deliveries so the timing worked out good, especially since i met up with him at a convenient location since he would've had a very interesting time navigating my neighborhood in an 18 wheeler.

It wasn't the pit maker fault it was the shipping company that was delivering the pit. I guess i complain enuff today. They finally shipped it to me late today. Just in time, heading to Martinez California by Oakland in 6 hrs. Possibly be there about a month-and-a-half two months for work.

Glad you got it today. Sometimes it's tough for the freight companies to deliver "irregular" items to a residence. When I rec'd my LSG they didn't have a box truck with a proper tailgate lift to handle the weight of the smoker. That alone delayed it by a week but eventually got my smoker in a flawless condition so I was happy.

Not easy to deliver this sucker lol

veRQCA-mobg2hgzM0JKYhaaDI9EH2rTpJHRceKWx4xA=w432-h460-no

Grantw - i will never use Fed Ex agian.my wife seen a Piece of trash blowing in yard. Later that day she went to pick it up. It was my payroll check blowing around the yard. Fed ex said its up to the driver where they want to place a package.

Grantw - i will never use Fed Ex agian.my wife seen a Piece of trash blowing in yard. Later that day she went to pick it up. It was my payroll check blowing around the yard. Fed ex said its up to the driver where they want to place a package.

I had a tablet computer delivered after Black Friday in my pasture (past the fence, looked like they threw it there) behind the mailbox in a water filled feral hog wallow. :mad2:

I also had a full case of rifle ammo left at the side the road, my house is on top of the hill up a long driveway. Driving an extra 1000' up my driveway was apparently interfering with the driver's weekend plans. Why that ammo wasn't stolen by a meth head after sitting for two days is still a mystery. :crazy:

The water soaked tablet was abandoned by FedEx and the ammo was located after I filled a lost package claim and had the UPS supervisor out for a personal visit delivering a different package.

Ugh. Fed Ex.
I was expecting a supercharger kit for my car, shipped in a large "casket" style box. It was a sign for delivery type of thing being it cost around $6,000. Fed Ex only comes around my place early in the day, while I'm at work, so there wouldn't have been anybody available to sign for it. But for them to reroute it to a FedEx store would have required me to leave work early to go sign for it. Ugh. They wouldn't reroute it to my office...

I eventually got it. Had to haul it in my wife's for Escape. She had to drive because she's short and the supercharger took up the whole rear seat area.

Poor customer service is a big thing with larger companies now, I had a big screw around with fed ex for my backwoods, ended up finally tracking it down, took the day off just to go get it myself from the depot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FedEx sux.

I had a tablet computer delivered after Black Friday in my pasture (past the fence, looked like they threw it there) behind the mailbox in a water filled feral hog wallow. :mad2:

I also had a full case of rifle ammo left at the side the road, my house is on top of the hill up a long driveway. Driving an extra 1000' up my driveway was apparently interfering with the driver's weekend plans. Why that ammo wasn't stolen by a meth head after sitting for two days is still a mystery. :crazy:

The water soaked tablet was abandoned by FedEx and the ammo was located after I filled a lost package claim and had the UPS supervisor out for a personal visit delivering a different package.
Had FedEx tell me a package was delivered, but no package, and I had been home all day. Call company that had shipped it the package, just to get pressure from that end, then called FedEx and told them I required the drivers name as I was filing a police report, and since he was the last person to see the package, the police would want to talk to him. When I went to my door the next morning, guess what was on my porch. I think the pressure from the company and the threat of the police caused the driver to bring the package. I honestly believe the driver was trying to steal the package.

Glad you your smoker did I miss it what did you get?

After having been on the shipping end, and knowing what an ordeal that was, I refuse to send anything to anyone I can't carry into the UPS or whatever store.

After having been on the shipping end, and knowing what an ordeal that was, I refuse to send anything to anyone I can't carry into the UPS or whatever store.

Yeah that was quite the thread, pretty much a must read for anybody that wants to ship a smoker to another Brethren.

I picked my LSG up from the shipping depot...pretty sure the lift gate service I originally ordered looked up my address and went...Uh uh, no way lol

-D

Back