Pint question

sniperfx

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Do you folks plug your port when you use a Guru or another type of temp controller? I just stuff a little newspaper in it and let it roll.

Never mind.. thought we were talking about beer! :becky:

Not sure about that newspaper.. don't put it near the vents on your cooker.. could get too hot and ignite.

I just close the ball valve and put the kill plug in...... If you don't have a ball valve, then just put the kill plug that came with the Guru...

Never mind.. thought we were talking about beer! :becky:

Not sure about that newspaper.. don't put it near the vents on your cooker.. could get too hot and ignite.
Good idea! Just changed out to tin foil! Thanks..

I asked the same question a week or so ago - I have the adapter with no ball valve and I bought the cooker used and don't have a guru kill plug. Recommended to me were rubber stoppers or corks. I'm currenlty using a champagne cork - regular wine cork wasn't big enough. I've had a couple cooks with the cork in there - I should pull it out and see if there's any charring.

We recommend, if you want to plug the void of the port around your wires to use aluminum foil. This should be safer around the heat than paper towels or newspaper.

Back