THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Richard
Our New Throwdown Category is..."Gamebirds & Poultry"

Fire%20Grilled%20Quail_zpsiuehimom.jpg

As chosen by ssv3 for winning the "I've Never Cooked That, Part 2!" Throwdown

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

ssv3 said:
For our next TD Category:

Gamebirds & Poultry: Chicken, turkey, duck, goose, cornish game hens, quail, pheasant etc.

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 12/30/16 through
the entry submission deadline of 12pm (NOON), Central US Time on Monday 1/16/17.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. (NOON) Central US Time on Monday 1/16/17

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

This thread is for all entries and general discussion of the category.

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][/FONT]
Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Looking forward to this TD. I have game birds and poultry running out of my ears. Would love to see some new ideas. :grin:

Looking forward to this TD. I have game birds and poultry running out of my ears. Would love to see some new ideas. :grin:
That would be a switch. Many of us look to you for our new ideas. I'm using your Chinese pork marinade for New Years.

This entry will not win, wasn't planning a TD entry, so pics are to blah. But, the wings were delicious. Just a tad hot.

On the left, HDD wings. On the right, Crucible. Please use the plated pick for an entry until I plan better and cook something else...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 235
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 450
I probably know the answer to this but does The Big Easy count. Just thought I would ask

Sorry George, just seeing this. Let me confer with Moose.

I'm not that familiar with the big easy. It's infra red, right? Would you use it in the house? Or is it an outdoor device?

Im pretty sure we've had some big easy birds in the TDs around holiday times as a precedent. It's definitely an outdoor propane cooker.

On the Charbroil website it describes The Big Easy as a roaster, oven & grill. Plus, per dadsr4's comments about not using it inside, I think we can pretty much say it qualifies as a "type" of grill, so it's fine to use one. :thumb:

I probably know the answer to this but does The Big Easy count. Just thought I would ask

It seems to be as much an outdoor cooker as a Blackstone pizza oven. I sure wouldn't want to use either one inside, they are not made for it..

Im pretty sure we've had some big easy birds in the TDs around holiday times as a precedent. It's definitely an outdoor propane cooker.

That is a huge chicken! :shock:

I fixed it so your images would show, but they are huge. I'm not sure what to do about that from my end though.. I assume this is an entry? Which image do you want to use?

That is a huge chicken! :shock:

I fixed it so your images would show, but they are huge. I'm not sure what to do about that from my end though.. I assume this is an entry? Which image do you want to use?

Yeah I uploaded them onto imgur and then saw how big they were so I just changed it to the links. Fixed sizing!

***MODERATOR'S NOTE***

Folks, PLEASE read the rules for entering Throwdowns if you haven't entered before. That especially means making it clear that you are declaring an official entry, as well as specifying what your entry photo will be.

Thanks, and carry on!

Back