Mexican spiced injected chicken.

Bigr314

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I am cooking 4 chickens for pulled chicken.I am going to be making tacos for a tailgate next weekend. I injected the chickens with chicken stock that I added Mexican seasonings to.

I cooked the chickens on my Shirley using cherry splits. Cook temp was between 300-375. I just cleaned my smoker so I was lazy and cooked the chickens in a foil pan. First time doing that. No mess.

When the chicken was done, I foiled the pans and let rest for a few hours before pulling. When I started to pull apart the chicken I was amazed at what I found. The chicken was very moist and had a ton of seasoning through out the meat. I have never seen that before.

Pulled all the chicken and ended up with 2 pans of meat. As you can see from the pics it is already seasoned very well. I plan on vac. sealing and reheating on my blackstone at the tailgate. I defatted the juices and will add back to the pulled chicken on the blackstone. Heat up some soft taco shells and have sort of a taco bar set up.

Made the Mexican spiced pulled pork last weekend. Will prepare the pulled pork the same for pork tacos.

Injected and ready for the cooker.
image_zps1uergha8.jpeg

Chicken done.
image_zps9nbldzxg.jpeg

Ready to pull.Skin pulled back.
image_zpsmfbwuxk3.jpeg

Do you see what I am talking about,spices from the injection.Looks like a whole bunch,but tastes awesome.
image_zpsydg0vbbv.jpeg

Pulled, looks and tastes really good. Did not expect to see the spices in the meat like that.
image_zpsvjnreip0.jpeg

image_zpst40icp07.jpeg

Good lookin' chicken Ron. I like your taco bar idea too. Going to be some great eatin'! :grin:

Very nice cook, thank you for sharing!

Back