THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Doing some work on forum. You may experience an error when u try to post or save a setting. It's only temporary.

localyocal

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Brad
I was curious if any of you have tried this product. It's supposed to be used in place of the Parkway, Brown Sugar and Honey wrap on ribs. Just mix the powder with Apple juice and pour on the ribs.

I recently tried a couple of their sauces and one of their rubs and I was pretty impressed. Just curious if anyone tried it yet.

If you can imagine something more disgusting than parkay, you end up with a powdered butter/brown sugar/whatever wrap concoction.

about as far away from farm to table as you can get

Interesting. I've never heard of it. Sounds like this might need to be in the competition forum. There is not much farm to table in some of the injections that are winning either, but they seem to help folks win.

I'll look it up. :thumb:

Great region to explore for new products. How many more rubs and sauces are really needed? When it comes to wrap concoctions, especially ribs, its an open market

I tried it in a side by side, and the only downside I noticed was that the ribs came out a little lighter than the other ones. It's also a little runny unless you let it set up for a little while in the fridge. The victory lane guy was on the bbq central show a while back and he said the whole reason he came up with it was for consistency...instead of a few squirts of butter and a couple shakes of honey, he knew exactly how much of everything was going on the ribs.

I bought a package and tried it out. It's good but I won't be a repeat customer. It's definitely not a game changer.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I usually do one competition a year and it's because it's in my town in front of my business. It's also for a Veterans Memorial and that's a great cause. It's my one time where I can experiment.

I do always wrap though, it's just easier to get them tender with a splash of apple juice. I may check it out. Since I don't practice the methods often enough it might help me with the consistency.

Thanks for the input.

It's an excellent product for consistency in competition. Heath from Victory Lane dominates MBN and he developed it for use in competition.

Back