Traeger smokers

there are a lot more quality cookers out there but I turn out consistently good stuff with mine, I love my treager! Not that good for burgers or steaks though.

I love mine as well , it's an older better quality made in Oregon one , new ones are made in China

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 169
Lots of folks turn out great food on them and they are easy to use. Over the last few years a lot of other manufacturers have entered the field at various price points. I think there are better options out there now for the same money but I wouldn't avoid a traeger if you came across one at a particularly good price.

On the alternatives in that price range Rectec is built better (and has a better controller), Green Mountain Grills have better features with a similar build quality (food probe, wifi). There are others as well that I'm less familiar with

They have some pros and cons, but I agree, there are better options out there. I used to go around the northwest doing demos for the distributor for Traeger and Kamado Joe in my free time, just because I loved cooking and the bbq perks. If there was one grill in the game in that price point that I would say hands down smashes the Traeger, it's Green Mountain Grills. I won one in a comp and it's outstanding, far better smoke quality, not at all as "puffy" as the Traegers are. I have not cooked on a RecTec so I don't know that one, but if it was Traeger or "other" I would certainly consider the options.

I agree with @dweverett, there are good alternatives. I have a Traeger L'il Tex at our lake place and decided I wanted one at home as well. After researching, though, I ended up buying a Camp Chef DLX. It has a number of features that are better than the Traegers:

• Fire cup cleanout system
  • Better pellet drain system for changing types
  • "Humpback" cooking chamber for a little more volume
  • Right side shelf
  • Cheaper. I paid $500 for mine. I now see them on Amazon for $600 shipped.
Materials and workmanship there is nothing to choose between them. Both are very good. They cook the same. Customer support is good in both cases.

The only negative with the CC is the optional front shelf, which is an insecure and weak wire thing compared to the Traeger's solid metal shelf, which bolts solidly to the cooker.

Back