15lb. Brisket Score.

BobBrisket

Reaction score
Had to do groceries tonight. Saw this deal and jumped on it. Probably select, but I haven't bought one in so long due to price that I don't care if it was a camel brisket......I still would have bought it. Almost no fat cap, so mostly meat and nice even thickness. They had two other ones marked down, but couldn't quite add another $60+ to the grocery bill. People ain't buying em at the high price, but you bet your arse I'll buy em at the marked down price!:grin:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 579
I'm thinking tomorrow. Gonna get some lump coal and get the PBC going. It hasn't seen much action since tailgating season. Just let it do its thang on that brisket. I'm craving a simple brisket Sammich on white bread with some onion, some pickles, just simple goodness!

Enjoy that one.
On sale tastes better to me also.
I looked at a Select Angus Flat today, $6.99 a pound. If it were very big, you might need to take a loan out.

Bob

Ran into a deal like that a while back. They were already marked down but I asked the manager what they would do if I took all 4 she cut them to a flat $20 each.
Wife wasn't the happiest but I do love me a deal!

Harriet Teeter had a whole flat the other day & wanted $7.99/lb. crazy that they had ribeye on sale for $5.99. I just don't understand smh

I picked up my first full packer yesterday at WallyWorld.

$3.69/lb for a 10#.
Meh. I could probably find better, but I'll have to learn to cook them correctly to justify the cost.

I look at it like a $36 experiment! :clap2:

For 34.76 you could've built a UDS :razz:

Seriously though, I find great yellow tag deals mid and late week in every cut of meat EXCEPT brisket. I'm thinking someone has an inside Intel with Walmart meat manager here

I would have been thrilled with 3.33/lb let alone 2.33/lb! Brisket is almost 6/lb around here!

I've seen yellow tag deals at wal-mart before but they're definitely harder to come by for brisket. I think this has to do with the being in cryovac, since they have a much longer shelf life, and don't make it to clearance very often.

Back