Smoked Mushroom and Beef Pot Pie

mattmountz94

Babbling Farker
Chuckie throwdown going down! Wanted something different as I'm not a big fan of PSB and wasn't sure what else to make. So the mad scientist got to work and this is what I came up with.
The beef

Seasoned heavily with SPG and dusted in flour
The groceries
1 large onion
2 carrots
2 stalks celery
4 garlic cloves
12oz mushrooms
2cups beef stock
1 TBS wosty
1 TBS balsamic
4 sprigs thyme
Italian seasoning

Everything outside ready to go

First thing I did was got my pot good and hot with some butter. Then browned the meat on all sides

Boy did it look good

Next I browned the mushrooms

Then added in the rest of the veggies and cooked till the garlic was smelly

Followed by the everything else. Brought to a boil then transferred to the YODER set to 325 for a slow simmer. I let cook for 1 1/2hrs with the lid on.

Then took the lid off for a hour to reduce down a little.

Mixed 1/4 cup of milk with 1 TBS of corn starch and dumped that in. Boiled rapidly until it thickened up. The smell was intense. Transferred to another pot and set the yoder to 375.

Next the dough
2 cups flour
1ts salt
1ts baking powder
1/2 stick butter
1/2 stick crisco
Milk
Mixed everything but the milk. Then slowly added milk till I had a nice dough. Rolled out.

Topped the beef mixture

Into the smoker until browned. Took about 30mins

Man was this ever good!! And the first bite

That looks farkin awesome, I did something similar a couple weeks ago with some smoked turkey stock/soup thickened, I went the easy rout with butter milk bisket dough
and it rocked. Ill try the beef next. Thanks for the Idea

That looks farkin awesome, I did something similar a couple weeks ago with some smoked turkey stock/soup thickened, I went the easy rout with butter milk bisket dough
and it rocked. Ill try the beef next. Thanks for the Idea

Thanks. Sounds delicious! My original thought was similar to your's and make a cheddar biscuit for the topping but last minute i switched it up.

That looks delicious, Like the way you did the topping.

Very creative Matt!

I'm afraid I'd have to go back for 2nds too. :)

Back