It finally came!

I don’t think I’m going to call. It won’t amount to anything other than me going over it with a fine tooth comb and polishing her up.

Marquez - I should have saved Mary Jane for myself. But I think I’m really liking Sidewinder...

You are in the lead ttkt57!

It sure is a beautiful cooker! I feel your disappointment on a few issues. After a while, I think it will pass and you'll be rocking that rig! Congrats!!!

Congrats on a great cooker!

I had a similar feeling when I went to pickup my Santa Maria/ Argentine grill, although from a different manufacturer. I thought the grate dimensions were 24 x 36, but it was the cooker not the grate. I cooked on it and soon forgot about the extra real estate, it’s fun! And will cook massive amounts of food!

How’s about “Satan Maria” since she’ll bite!

I feel the disappointment. I’ve visited their site a few times and what you envision is masterfully built premium quality cookers at a premium price. It will still cook a lot of killer food, but burr, slag and unfinished edges that rip and shred flesh while grilling ain’t cool. For a name suggest “ La Panthera Negra Ardiendo”.

Congrats on a great cooker!

I had a similar feeling when I went to pickup my Santa Maria/ Argentine grill, although from a different manufacturer. I thought the grate dimensions were 24 x 36, but it was the cooker not the grate. I cooked on it and soon forgot about the extra real estate, it’s fun! And will cook massive amounts of food!

How’s about “Satan Maria” since she’ll bite!

You know my pain. I’m hoping to get the cooker going so I can enjoy it as much as you are yours.

That's one Fine Looking pit whatever you name it. A little jealous I admit. I would love a Santa Maria pit and that's one of the coolest looking one's I have seen

All that glitters is not gold. You have a fine looking cooker.Enjoy it.

Congratulations...that is a sweet looking cooker. Shame there were some issues regarding the finish, but as others have said, reach out to them and let them know of the issues. They might send you an accessory to make up for it. But...gonna be tons of fun cooking on that beauty!!

Man that looks like a fun cooker! I’d be a little miffed about the size and the rough unfinished edges for sure. I do appreciate you being honest about the purchase as too often people spend their money on something and then get confirmation bias about it. All that said, smaller actual size or rough edges be damned, I still think it would be a blast to cook on and bet you get some killer food off it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Are the grates upside down in that picture? Or do you really cook with them in that position? Seems like it would be a PITA to clean those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry - I missed This question. The grates are the correct side. They should be real easy to clean and they came with a clean out tool just in case some scrubbing is needed. I haven’t used one yet, but I picked up a bbq rescue brush for these grates and it should do the trick.

Back