DFW - Brinkmann Gourmet or ECB?

SmittyJonz

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Anybody in DFW - esp on Ft Worth side- have a Gourmet or such free or cheap so I can get a young guy at work started smoking? We gave him a new 18.5" Kettle last year as House Warming present when he got his first house and he grills regular on it . I smoked a Turkey on the Kettle with him last year but he wants a lil smoker.

Boy is broke and I don't wanna pay for and build a UDS. :shock:

Check out the smokenator for the weber.You can rap a couple bricks with aluminum foul and use as a heat shield bank the coals to one side and smoke away on that weber for almost nothing.

I'm in Denver so only a possible assist here.

I have a Brinkmann Smoke & Grill electric that I'm getting rid of. Could easily convert to charcoal with the typical ECB mods. If there's a way to get it to DFW it's yours.

I'm waiting to hear on a job in Austin that would probably have me down there by mid-December. If so, I'll bring it down.

What about a Bandera? I'm looking to part with mine. How much are you looking to spend?

I have a smoke & grill you can have. The lid doesn't fit great. It's had the legs moved outside and the fire basket lifted. In Fort Worth.

Thanks for the offers. I'm looking to spend as little as possible since its a kid at work- not my kid. :twitch: a vertical/bullet charcoal smoker would be best for him.

Espy - if you end up making the trip that'd work.

BVBull -there's probally some one on here who'd love to buy your Bandera.

TXLX -I appreciate the offer but he doesn't want a stick burner.

If I gave get him a charcoal smoker il give him a bag or 2 of KBB every so often from my Memorial Day sale stash then he'll just have to buy a bag of wood chunks occasionally and the meat and rub. I'll probally toss him a jar of rub every so often too. :biggrin1:

I would really like to get a Gourmet ( even electric model ) for $15-$20 or Free and mod it and give it to him. I thought about giving him my old Masterbuilt Electric but I still use it occasionally and its 7 hrs old so it may crap out at any time so my luck it'd die during his first cook.

I've seen a cpl on CL cheap but they are the ones with the open bottom.

Check out the smokenator for the weber.You can rap a couple bricks with aluminum foul and use as a heat shield bank the coals to one side and smoke away on that weber for almost nothing.

. I smoked a Turkey on the Kettle with him last year but he wants a lil smoker.

Been there, Done that.

Thanks for the offers. I'm looking to spend as little as possible since its a kid at work- not my kid. :twitch: a vertical/bullet charcoal smoker would be best for him.

Espy - if you end up making the trip that'd work.

BVBull -there's probally some one on here who'd love to buy your Bandera.

TXLX -I appreciate the offer but he doesn't want a stick burner.

If I gave get him a charcoal smoker il give him a bag or 2 of KBB every so often from my Memorial Day sale stash then he'll just have to buy a bag of wood chunks occasionally and the meat and rub. I'll probally toss him a jar of rub every so often too. :biggrin1:

I would really like to get a Gourmet ( even electric model ) for $15-$20 or Free and mod it and give it to him. I thought about giving him my old Masterbuilt Electric but I still use it occasionally and its 7 hrs old so it may crap out at any time so my luck it'd die during his first cook.

I've seen a cpl on CL cheap but they are the ones with the open bottom.

Sorry, it's a ECB, smoke n' grill. Didn't realize there were two kinds with that name. X2 on if you are going cheap to go with the gourmet since it looks like it seals up better from the bottom. IMO, the only thing ECB are good for is serving as a portable grill.

Back