20lb Brisket Cook Sunday at New Place (ongoing)

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
First official smoke at the new place :clap2:. Things still a little all over the place here, but might as well cook while organizing :loco:.

20lb brisket running no water on the party. Went on at 9:30am and started a little hot as I wasn't paying attention, but it settled down to 400 when the brisket went on. So planning around 6hrs of cook time (give or take), then rest for a while then eat with a few friends. Was mid to high 90's yesterday moving stuff and luckily a little cooler today with some wind :twitch:.

Firing it up

Found this KC steak rub stuff at RD so trying that out with some lawry's as well

On and we will see how it goes

Got about a half cord yesterday and put it on my new wood rack

Fun day cooking and putting crap away. Happy Sunday cooking everyone!

Jason, let us know how you like the seasoning. Kind of reminds me of Montreal...

Nice way to christen the new place :thumb: I bet the smell of smoke and meat helps make the tedium of moving a lot more pleasant.

Jason, let us know how you like the seasoning. Kind of reminds me of Montreal...

Ya I will. They had this kc steak one and another that was clearly a direct Montreal rip off. But this was only $3.5. Montreal is awesome but I think double that price

Here it is after an hour. Back down to 350 pit temp

Paper in a pan?...that's going to be horrible:loco: guess I'll have to try that on my next one. :wink:

Normally by your posts we can tell when you're staying hydrated. Today... Not so much. Please remember to drink plenty of fluids.... It's hot there today. Just looking out for your well being!

Paper in a pan?...that's going to be horrible:loco: guess I'll have to try that on my next one. :wink:

Ha! I know right :doh:.

Actually it only hit the pan when I took it out. But I've posted cooks where I pan cooked, then wrapped in paper, put back into the pan and then foiled on top of that to finish.

Normally by your posts we can tell when you're staying hydrated. Today... Not so much. Please remember to drink plenty of fluids.... It's hot there today. Just looking out for your well being!

I do apologize:caked:. Cracked this one just now.

Yep, I love me some Terrapin too! The Sweetwater IPA is one of my favorites. Have you had the other breweries in Athens beer? Creature Comforts makes and excellent IPA called tropicalia and can be found in cans locally in Georgia. Southern Brewing had some excellent selections as well, but they have not started bottling anything yet that I am aware of.

Nice looking giant brisket. Got any pics of it sliced?

Sorry for the delay. Got wrapped up in house stuff and/or possibly drinks :becky:.

Slicing action. I did like this KC rub and can't wait to try it on other things

Chucked a few hacked up slices of point on my plate, topped with a little mustard sauce, some of the rub and complemented it with some nacho cheese pringles :clap2:

Back