Made it through my first contest in bad weather!

Toxic q

Knows what a fatty is.
Man it rained a lot! All I did it seemed was hold down pop ups and bail water, lol. Hard to prep meat and cook in that but it was a lit of fun anyways. But I've come home thinking I've got to get a enclosed trailer for weekends like that. Had a great time and somehow managed to finish 9th, on a weekend where I was just wondering if I could get anything cooked.

Congrats on surviving a bad weather contest. Happens to everyone sooner or later. When it happened to me, I thought I was gonna wake up in OZ. Only thing that saved me was me Backwoods smoker.

I did a comp last year and for a good part of the night I was holding down my tent, so I am right there with you. Before you spend a ton of money on a trailer, do a couple more and decide if you want to invest for the long term. (That was my wife's wisdom coming out through me, she would say that it was about time).

Congrats on the call! You are right... the weather was less than ideal there for sure!

Thanks everybody! Getting a call was cool, I wasn't expecting it didn't think my boxes were good enough,, but hey I will take it. It was a lot of fun.

Awesome! Trailers do make it much easier. When the weather is nice canopies work great. Our very first competition ever was when there were tornados coming through the south. Luckily we were in South GA very Northwest which got the tornados, but it rain like hell and lots of wind. So muddy the next day, but being our first ever event we didn't care or know any better :-D

Always makes for a good story.

Back