THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

B

Buster Dog BBQ

So a buddy of mine wants me to smoke a brisket for him to add into his chili. I was just going to vacuum pack it when I am done. However, I got to thinking. If he is going to make it on Thursday, should I leave the brisket whole, or have him get it after it has sat in the cooler for a couple hours then take home and cut how he wants then?

So a buddy of mine wants me to smoke a brisket for him to add into his chili. I was just going to vacuum pack it when I am done. However, I got to thinking. If he is going to make it on Thursday, should I leave the brisket whole, or have him get it after it has sat in the cooler for a couple hours then take home and cut how he wants then?[/quote

Depends on when you're gonna smoke it for him...If you're doing it a few days before I'd just leave it whole (minus a few test slices :twisted:) and put it in the fridge...that way he can cut it up to his own size. If you're doing it today I'd freeze it.

For sure leave it whole. I diced one up a couple of days ahead of time and it dried out too much for the chili.

Back