THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Doing some work on forum. You may experience an error when u try to post or save a setting. It's only temporary.

DetTigersFan

is one Smokin' Farker
Cooking 2 brisket points today on my WSM... They pretty look nice :mrgreen:
I'm just over 1.5 hours into the cook now... Cooking at 295ish.

Now onto the pics...

IMG_0413.jpg

IMG_0415.jpg

IMG_0416.jpg

Rubbed with kosher salt, coarse black pepper and a little onion and garlic powder, but primarily salt and pepper.

IMG_0420.jpg

IMG_0418.jpg

Snapped a couple fall shots as well...

IMG_0422.jpg

IMG_0424.jpg

First peek at 3 hours in... This was at 3:30, it's about 4:40 now.

IMG_0428.jpg

IMG_0429.jpg

Currently running at 290* and the biggest spot where I have my probe is reading 206*. The thicker spots aren't probing tender yet. Last time I cooked points like this one went til 217* and still could have gone longer I think.

Okay pulled them both at 7:10 so they went for about 6.5 hours at 285-295*. Probing tender all over at 216* in the thickest spot.
Wrapped them both in butcher paper and letting them rest about 40 minutes wrapped in a towel... Would have liked a little darker bark, but they still look great so far.

IMG_0432.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

Last edited:
Are you making those to eat while watching the Royals win game 3 tonight? Just kidding, those look great.

Mmmmm... Can't pull for anyone from the AL Central except my Tigers lol
I bet he is

us die hard Tigers fans are pulling for the Royals

all the ones I know of are anyway

nice looking points bud!!!

Thanks for the compliment man.

Last edited:
The vittles look great.Isn't that an Autum Olive bush on the left in that second nature shot?Good luck.

Suddenly tonight's chicken dinner seems lacking

lol...
The one which was actually thicker and heavier was a little overcooked in my opinion, but the thinner lighter one was perfect. The thicker one is the first sliced pic. Wasn't quite as juicy as the smaller point and was JUST starting to want to crumble on me.

Back