IN PROGRESS: Discussion Thread -> SPECIAL*** "Let's See Your Best Grillshots!"*** Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
IN PROGRESS: Discussion Thread -> SPECIAL*** "Let's See Your Best Grillshots!"*** Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Our new September Special TD category is...

"Let's See Your Best Grillshots!
"

IMG_2934.jpg

ABT's from the 2012 BBQ Research Project, also the location of SoCal Bashes.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

1. This is an OPEN CATEGORY, meaning you can cook anything you like as long as it conforms to Standard Throwdown Rules, and your entry photo shows your food cooking on the grill.

2. MULTIPLE ENTRIES ARE ALLOWED and encouraged for this TD!

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 8/29 through
the entry submission deadline of 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 9/29/14.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 9/29/14.

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

The ENTRY and VOTE threads will follow Q-Talk rules, meaning QUALITY ON-TOPIC discussion of the category or entries only, please. Discussion is encouraged to take place in the DISCUSSION THREAD, but if you want a recipe, or are looking for details or have QUALITY ON-TOPIC comments to make about an entry or the category you can make them in the ENTRY or VOTE thread. Non-quality posts that are made here will be deleted and the offending member will be asked why they couldn't just post in the DISCUSSION thread instead, and in extreme cases or repeat offenders, disciplinary action WILL happen.

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
MOD EDIT: This is an official entry

Can I play too? It has been a long time since I have tended the coals. Maybe why this tasted so great. Full cook thread here:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=196959

Pork Tenderloin-marinated in onion, garlic, ginger, rosemary, soy sauce, EVOO, and the juice of one orange, plus salt and pepper.
DSC_0026_zps96c8a4bc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Please accept this as my official entry to the "Let's see your best grillshots" TD!

Decided to make up some pulled pork quesadillas with some leftover pulled butt from the opening day of college football. Served it up with spanish rice.

The players: Rice first, quesadillas second

E85CE921-DCB9-4245-B2F2-C7C184764F8E.jpg

D7BB673E-E18E-4E2D-BF1A-CDFCB3C2C16D.jpg

For the rice, I diced up an onion and sauteed it for a bit before browning the rice.

83ED2B70-B56B-4704-A9BD-5EB05DE72118.jpg

Once the rice was browned...

7514E053-81CF-4A86-8BFE-9E9E5857DC5E.jpg

...I added the broth, half the can of tomatoes, and half the Knorr seasoning.

7DD12EC9-DFC5-4B8F-84BF-FB6841D4948F.jpg

Whilke that was covered and getting happy, I sauteed some onions and peppers for the quesadillas and heated up the pork.

CD68DF59-BBB1-4D16-B5AA-DB541DA252D4.jpg

While the Kettle was getting all fired up, I made up the quesadillas.

85BACECD-4CA8-49F1-99FF-46AA858AE657.jpg

1A3DD1CB-E5D9-4522-A787-C421E33444BE.jpg

Time to throw them on the grill...my entry shot below!

BCB3E35A-DFBF-40BF-A87C-6744ACA55E49.jpg

All the quesadillas are done...

19FC6ADF-8733-47DA-820F-D9125800B49E.jpg

Rice is done!

83423BA6-F0C8-40D9-B9B0-6B98E4A86084.jpg

Plated with avocado slices and roasted salsa.

B24EB30F-4BBC-47F3-8B0A-EC96993EEB66.jpg

This was pretty awesome use of pulled pork! Will do again!

Bluzieq, welcome to the TD forum. I see that this is your first post in this section. I would like to point you to our TD rules so you can have a gander at them.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135049

Is your post intended to be a Throwdown entry? If so, the rule #3 copied below shows how to formally submit an entry for next time. If you intend for this one to be an entry, you can edit the post to say so or reply that it is an entry.

Also, entries must be prepared during the time frame specified in the first post. Based on your comment about that pic being the best you could find, it sounds like it might be an older pic. Since you are new to this section, please read through rule 6 copied below. If your pic is an entry, please confirm via reply that it suits the cook date requirement.

3. To enter your dish in a Throwdown it must first follow all rules defined in this post. To make your entry, please create a post in the Throwdown ENTRY thread for the category that you wish to enter. You must clearly state at the BEGINNING of your post that you intend for your post to be an official entry into the Throwdown, and it must be clear enough that the moderator understands your intention. This can be as simple as saying, "Please accept this as my entry into this Throwdown". Any post that does not state this intent at the beginning of their post, or does not say so in a clear enough manner for the moderator to understand WILL NOT be included in the Voting for that Throwdown.

6. Entries must be prepared during the time that the Throwdown Category is accepting entries. This period of time is specified in the first post of each Throwdown Category.

Those ribs look good, so looking forward to your participation in the throwdowns! :thumb:

Sorry, peeps. This is my official entry to the grillshots throwdown. I gotta stop posting with a beer can in my other hand! I didn't clearly state it at beginning of my entry, either. Sorry! Thanks for reminding us of the rules.

Some pig candy was in order today... enjoy my grillshot! To quote my 6 year old, "Dad, this is AWESOME."

Here's a link to the cook.

Last edited:
Sorry, peeps. This is my official entry to the grillshots throwdown. I gotta stop posting with a beer can in my other hand! I didn't clearly state it at beginning of my entry, either. Sorry! Thanks for reminding us of the rules.
Thanks, I'm still getting used to looking for that, too!

Going back now, it looks like I should have directed that post to a few of you farkers that posted entries in this thread. Sorry for singling you out, bluzieq! :sad:

Be easy on me guys...still learnin' the ropes!

Sorry my bad on the other post, should have ask straight up . Is this Td grill shots? Or grill shots with a lot of cook pics . ? And yes I luv the cook pics. only asking because it said grill shots.

Sorry my bad on the other post, should have ask straight up . Is this Td grill shots? Or grill shots with a lot of cook pics . ? And yes I luv the cook pics. only asking because it said grill shots.
You can post a full cook that includes a grill shot specified as your polling pic or just a grill shot from a cook within the time period of the TD.

Does that clear it up for you?

You can post a full cook that includes a grill shot specified as your polling pic or just a grill shot from a cook within the time period of the TD.

Does that clear it up for you?

That's right peeps, although I would add that including a set of cook/prep/plated pics never hurts, as when it comes to voting time, lots of folks like to see what went into the creation of your entry. :thumb:

Back