Grilled Mediterranean Pork Chop and pR0n too!

code3rrt

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Hey all. There is a throwdown goin' on about Mediterranean style food and I just wanted to share my entry.

The menu;
Grilled Mediterranean Pork Chop w/Rosemary Garlic Butter
Mediterranean Curry Couscous w/grilled squash
Tomato-Cucumber and Feta salad
Grilled Garlic Bread

I started with a small 3-bone pork roast that I had saved from an SRF Prime rib of pork. I cut that down into 3 bone-in chops. Seasoned these up with a mixture of salt, sugar, Sage, Fennel Seed, Rosemary and Thyme (Almost sounds like an old Simon and Garfunkel song:shock:). Then they were coated in Olive oil.
Mediterranean%20pork%20chops%20002_zpsodvw2a9w.jpg

Mediterranean%20pork%20chops%20003_zps7ymtkl4d.jpg

Mediterranean%20pork%20chops%20004_zpsplxzzsdc.jpg

Mediterranean%20pork%20chops%20006_zpsm5s7mc1n.jpg

I let these marinate for around 6 hours. Made up the Tomato-Cucumber and Feta salad with a simple dressing of Red Wine vinegar and Olive oil;
Mediterranean%20pork%20chops%20010_zpsxjoodaiu.jpg

Here is the layout just before going on the grill;
Mediterranean%20pork%20chops%20016_zpsfntizagn.jpg

Some of the grill shots;
Mediterranean%20pork%20chops%20021_zpsbitdv3uk.jpg

Mediterranean%20pork%20chops%20023_zpstdjjwzwv.jpg

And then a few plate shots;
Mediterranean%20pork%20chops%20025_zpsyd80mj3q.jpg

Mediterranean%20pork%20chops%20028_zpsbdo13fuv.jpg

Mediterranean%20pork%20chops%20030_zpsygsgskcm.jpg

This was a fantastic meal! The flavor that the pork chops took on was incredible, and just the combination of flavors, were just so, so good.

You can check this as well as some other great dishes in the throwdown here; http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=210283

Anyway, Thanks for looking,

Keep on Qing all,

KC

Last edited:
I would have been happy with that beautiful salad and that Beautiful Butte.........but then with the chops, garlic toast and couscous I would have been in hog heaven (pun intended)! What a freaking smorgasbord of delicious Mediterranean cuisine! Fantastic dinner!

Nailed it. Now if you had some Lamb in that you would have done the equivalent of a Greek dancing on the table for this comp. The salad is awesome too. All up, I'm pulling up a chair and hoping nobody realises I'm not invited!

Cheers!

Bill

I would have been happy with that beautiful salad and that Beautiful Butte.........but then with the chops, garlic toast and couscous I would have been in hog heaven (pun intended)! What a freaking smorgasbord of delicious Mediterranean cuisine! Fantastic dinner!

Thanks Larry, I was pretty surprised by that salad, it really was quite delicious, and it complimented the rest of the meal very well. And the Butte? One of my favorites:-D.

Nailed it. Now if you had some Lamb in that you would have done the equivalent of a Greek dancing on the table for this comp. The salad is awesome too. All up, I'm pulling up a chair and hoping nobody realises I'm not invited!

Cheers!

Bill

Thank you Bill, I considered lamb for the dish but decided against it for a couple of reasons, first, I've found that I'm just not crazy for lamb :sad:. It's not necessarily that I dislike it, it just doesn't hit my "hot button". I still try it now and then cooked different ways. Second, I just didn't want to go to the store and get it :blah:.

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

KC

Agreed that salad looks wonderful! Nice looking chops And a stunning plate as usual. Great job.

Back