Post your Baked beans recipe here

All of Bush's beans are fine, but if you smoke any of them, they will be 200% better. I add onions, garlic, rub and spicy BBQ sauce. If you look at all the recommendations, you can pick and choose based on your liking. I personally, do not like too sweet, but other do. Enjoy!
I'm not a big fan of them being too sweet. I normally cut the sugar if I'm using bushes or others as a base. I think the bell peppers add a good flavor. I thank everyone for the nice recipes they added. My next step is to come up with one totally from scratch using dry beans.

This recipe sounds like good old Boston Baked Beans :clap2:

Exactly. Raised outside of Boston and although I never really had bbq growing up, we did a lot of grilling and always had these beans. I think that's why I love them now with my bbq.

2 - 28oz can Bush's Beans
1 - cup dark brown sugar
2 - tablespoons worst sauce
1 - tablespoon liquid smoke
½ - cup bbq sauce
½ - cup chopped onion
½ - cup yellow mustard

mix well, add leftover chunks of brisket, cook in smoker 3 hours @250

Thanks, I'm going to try these this weekend. I've never tried Peach beans before, is there a strong peach or fruit flavor to the beans?

No, not overly peachy at all. I originally started with Myron Mixon's peach bean recipe, but switched to the canned peaches from the pie filling.

If you can get the recipe for Mighty Quinns BBQ (NYC) baked beans try that. They make it with burnt ends and I've seen them scrape the area where they cut their meats into the pot of beans. I'm not a bean lover but those......oh my!

Back